Excess Skin?

Options
Is there anything you can do about excess skin? This doesn't sound masculine but I've been using Cocoa Butter to try to tighten things up but does anyone have any idea how long it takes for skin to start not be so... excessive?

Replies

• divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I guess it will depend on how excessive is 'excessive'. You might still have some fat stored in that extra skin, maybe when you lose it the skin will start to tighten up? I've heard it takes up to two years for it to reach its final stage of "tightness", i don't know if this is true or not.

I have some loose skin as well, it sucks but hey, it's a sign that you conquered your goals!

I've read that it's a must to keep it well hydrated.

Good luck!
  • rsm535
    rsm535 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a little excess skin also. It's mostly under my arms and in my stomach area. It's not major but its there. It may have been minimized since I'm only averaging a weight loss of only 2.5 lbs a week. But it keeps shrinking, very slowly. I suppose just wait and see. I've heard that some need surgery, but only in extreme cases.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've heard that dry skin brushing is excellent for increasing circulation and elasticity. It feels pretty good with a soft natural bristle brush.
  • rsm535
    rsm535 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, you might look into some type of supplements or herbs that help with skin elasticity. I'm a big fan of wholistic and natural medicines and things of that nature.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My sister lost 101 lbs. and talked to a dr. about this very thing. She was told, although no guaranty, cocoa butter helps. Also, actual "extra skin" is about as thick as your eyelids. If it is thicker than that, then it is fat under that skin. It is possible that once that fat is gone, that the skin will shrink back quite a bit too. So, she's hanging in there for quite a while yet, before considering surgery (or whatever other magical solutions might exist). I thought the eyelid thing was very interesting, as I'd never heard that before. But, I'd say it makes sense. So, be patient, and do what you can to continue to lose fat (which may or may not be evident on the scale).
    Good luck.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am getting laser treatment for my legs (the insides). It has tightened a bit, but not that much. I am terryfied of needles and surgery so I would suggest to talk to your doctor first. They know what's out there that could help.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    You can either fill it up with muscle or surgically remove it
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I asked a Dr about the extra loose skin and was told that it could take up to three years for it to disappear, if it does at all.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You can either fill it up with muscle or surgically remove it

Just might have it surgically removed. I can't afford it so I gotta do it myself.