22 and ready for a change!

Options
hey! my name is Alex and i'm 22 and about 5'10 maybe a bit taller haha my weight loss goal is to lose about 100 lbs over the next year or so, im hoping it wont take longer than a year.
making my goal weight 170ish lbs

i've been at this for about two weeks now, and thats longer than i have ever lasted before! im really hoping ill be able to stick with it. i go to the gym everyday, 7 days a week.. i started out with 20 min on the elliptical and am now up to 40 min and keeping it at 130 spm the whole time, and up to level 10. i then use the pool, tread and do some aquatics. i also walk to and from the gym everyday. ive been eating under my recommended calories and am really hoping its all going to pay off!

im open to any suggestions people might have to help me further myself! i really am loving my new life style though, i look forward to the gym every day! well mostly the pool and the hot tub afterwards haha best reward!
if you are looking for friends and some support add me!
best of luck to everyone!! we can do it!!

they say it take 4 weeks for you to notice the changes in your body, 8 weeks for friends and family and 12 weeks for the rest of the world!

Replies

• frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position, though I'm going up to 23 by the end of next month!

I've just got to 30 minutes on the elliptical on interval training, 40 rpm slow and 70/80 fast, and a similar thing on the tread mill then I start pumping iron! I would list the different machines but I have no idea what they're named just what they look like!

Love to be your friend, add me if you'd like :3
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats on two weeks and the beginning of a lifestyle change! Don't worry about how long it takes, worry about sticking with it for the long haul. Many people try to lose too much too fast and then get frustrated being hungry all the time. You can do this thing! You already are doing this thing :). Feel free to add me of you like and good luck no matter what!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The younger you start getting in shape the better. I have always been big. Then I got into pretty good shape until I got pregnant at 25, then I waited until I hit 31 to start trying again (bad relationship... they happen)... MUCH HARDER NOW!!! OMG!!! the strength does not come back like it used to!!! If you make a change now you will be better for it in the future!

Congrats on the 2 weeks as well. If you want some more support add me!

Cyn
  • yunaluna
    Options
    Hello :) Just joined myself so this is my first post. Yours was the initial post I saw and since I'm 22 as well I decided to comment. It's great that you've managed to stick to it so far, and I'm sure you'll continue to do so and reach your goal. All the best!