Greatest Weight Loss Book . . . Ever!

Peschuntz
Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a skeptic. A number of diet trends and diet books abound promising great results but often end up disappointing. Last weekend I was in Target when yet another diet book caught my eye. A few cursory glances told me it looked good enough to purchase (after all, if I didn't like it, I'd return it). What a wonderful surprise! This book, "The Mayo Clinic Diet" could not have assembled a finer cast of contributors - physicians, psychologists, dietitians. Moreover, it guarantees that if you follow the guidelines you will lose 6 to 10 pounds in 2 weeks (and done in a healthy way!) I started reading it, put the information into practice for only 4 days, just went to Weight Watchers and lost 1.5 pounds! Motivating tips, how to manage cravings, recommended foods/recipes, all with clear, easy-to-follow directions. LIterally the best diet book I have ever read! (As a psychotherapist, I've read quite a few.) I am interested in knowing if anyone else has read this, and if so, please share your reaction. The Mayo Clinic Diet is superb!!!

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    The mayo clinic book of a healthy diet is a great book. I have a copy and it makes sense. It tells you everything you would need to lead a healthy lifestyle. Its got great recipes and great advice from many doctors and people who have actually lost weight and kept it off.
  • Another great book is called "The Carbohydrate Addict's Program For Success" by Dr. Rachel Heller and Dr. Richard Heller. This diet works so great. I would do it but it requires you to eat a carb filled meal at the same time every day and i work different hours so i wouldnt be able to eat at the same time everyday. But i have used it in the past and you can eat whatever you want as long as you follow the plan. Read it!! :)
This discussion has been closed.