How do YOU satisfy your sweet tooth!

Options
What keeps you from reaching into that bag of m&m's or skittles! I love banana's squashed in unsweetened soy milk and some cinnamon - freeze that overnight and voila!

Replies

• nerolimoon
    nerolimoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I satisfy my sweet tooth by giving in to it. I still eat sweets, biscuits and cake, just a lot, lot less than I used to. I know that I would never have managed to lose weight if I'd said "right, that's me and chocolate finished." So far this regime of eating some - but not too much - of what I love had really worked for me.
  • velvetsmoove
    Options
    I eat one Cadbury dark chocolate bar every day at the end of the day. It is 225 calories and I put it in early so I don't accidentally eat those calories :smile: I knew I wouldn't stick with anything if I couldn't enjoy chocolate. My husband is amazed that I have managed to lose weight eating chocolate every day! I'm convinced it is one of the reasons I've been successful with my weight loss.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Moderation, I eat sweets or chocolate, just less of them.
  • fitnotskinnyxo
    fitnotskinnyxo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Really? I'm scared to eat pastries and candies because I'm scared it will add up on the scale. Has it affected your weight in any way?
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You can eat skittles or m&m every once in a while! You don't need to feel absolutely deprived.

That said, i do have banana umm yummy! I also make myself wholegrain pancakes with homemade syrup or jam, i also like pinapple or mango milkshakes (with soy or almond milk).

I usually make my breakfasts sweet, a sweet oatmeal so i can start the day in a good mood. I guess that's what keeps me away from sweets on a daily basis. I use artificial sweeteners or stevia.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    2 squares of dark choccie or a kit kat...or half a choccie bar...I eat what I want in moderation.
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    I find that eating fruit usually staves off the sweet tooth. I especially like grapes because they're pick up and eat ... kind of like nature's M&Ms!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    chocolate slimfast
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I eat chocolate, or drink chocolate oat milk (yum!) I'm not saying sugar's good for you (because it isn't particularly) but having read your other post, perhaps you would benefit from a bit more flexibility with your eating. No one food or type of food is going to make you gain fat, eating too much of any kind of food will make you gain fat. I have managed to lose 80+ lbs eating chocolate nearly every day. I just don't go overboard - it's a very small part of my total diet.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Today, a banana. Sometimes I make terrible choices though. Yesterday: a fun size butterfinger and a fun size kit kat...
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I give into to my sweet tooth, but its all about portion control. I keep a tin of boiled sweets (hard candy) which helps a lot. I also like dried fruit, in the UK Whitworths do 30g bags of dried apple and mango which are fantastic.
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    I throw a few semi-sweet chocolate chips into some greek yogurt and call it a day.
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It is simple, with chocolate or sweets, it depends what my sweet tooth wants.:wink:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth is never satisfied. . . :tongue:
  • fitnotskinnyxo
    fitnotskinnyxo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree, maybe I need to re-evaluate my diet and let loose! I have become too obsessed and this isn't healthy!
  • blondesrntdum
    Options
    Kind bars...they're all natural and delicious. Most bars have around 200 calories, so you definitely have to save room for them, but I have them 2 or 3 times a week and they're great. The dark chocolate, cashew and sea salt is my favorite!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I no longer bring brownie mix home from Costco. I only buy my brownies every couple of months when I want really awesome brownies. I am no much of a candy person save for Reese's peanut butter cups. So when I do have one I split it with my husband.

Now that I have been tracking my calories for awhile it is easier to say no to sweets that are not my favorites, they are just not worth it. If I am going to have a pastry or ice cream than I want it to be one I know is awesome and worth the sugar and calories.
    I limit Dr. peppers to once a week. ( my weakness)
    Since my birthday is this week I am saving up for my chocolate mousse pie at Texas de Brazil. :happy:
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    meringue cookies!
    theyre usually 10-50 calories each depending on what kind you make, best discovery yet
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I sate my sweet tooth with dark chocolate, frozen Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding cups, high fiber granola bars, cinnamon on whole wheat toast, 100 calorie pack sweets, single Kashi cookies...
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    Peanut Butter Pie is my weakness!! I just don't make it anymore. I mix peanut butter and a little honey. Satisfies my sweet tooth.