When do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I find it's easier for me to workout in the evenings around 5 - 5:30PM. It allows me to turn myself off of work mode and dedicate a few hours to myself working off the stress from the day. I travel quite a bit with work so I've also taken to finding group fitness classes in the area where I work in the evenings and I'll add it to my schedule just like a meeting appointment.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. Even if it is only a 10 minute walk.

Lucky for me I have a very physical job. I run two welders in tandom. And I do mean Run. I did the Hrm and ped one night. I burn over 2000 calories some nights and walk close to 8 miles.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    No help here, I am newly retired and still have to schedule them. LOL I try for a gym visit 2x a week to meet a daughter, Yoga once a week and 2 to 3 hard long walks a week.
  • jakeschafer
    Options
    Either at 7pm or 10pm daily, depending on whether I have class on those days or not.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    First thing every single morning. Usually out on the road about 5:30 am. I like to go before I shower or have coffee in the morning.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Weekdays I do a combination of heavy lifting at lunchtimes 30 mins x3 / x4 a week and 1.5 hr sessions at the weekend. I'm lucky though as I live very close to my office and the gym is less than 5 mins from work.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts in the afternoon or in the evening. I am NOT a morning person!

I hear ya! Same here!
  • Subowski
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, v interesting. My work is 35 miles away and takes an hour in the car cross country - don't think I'll be biking that any time soon!

I have a dog but she's a working terrier who runs around 50 acres Mon-Fri, so she only needs walking at weekends - that's when I figured I'd do more cardio. She's a total lunatic so i can only take her out at 6am on weekend mornings, so we don't meet anyone, haha! If I could get 3 strength training sessions in during the working week as well, that should be sustainable. I've tried in the past to do it every morning, it works fine until the first day I get dizzy and sick.....

The other thing of course for us ladies, is looking presentable at work - exercise leaves me puce and sweaty for some time, so doing hair and make-up is a bit of a challenge (even WITH a shower). There is a fabulous park right beside my office which is a perfect 1.5m circuit - I have run it a few times in the past, usually summer evenings, but now its dark by 3.30pm.....it's no place to be in the dark. I could go for a brisk walk at lunchtime on occasion, but looking like the wild woman of Borneo isn't considered very professional......!

Ok, 5am starts it is, at least I can shower after. Now, what can I use as a 7kg weight.......
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    Right now I'm a SAHM, so I have some flexbility. I either work out (using online exercises- such as Fitness Blender on YouTube) mid-moring (about 10 or 11) or at night when the kids are in bed (about 9). On weekends, if the weather is nice, I might go for a walk at the warmest point of the day and I take the kids with me. The youngest rides in a stroller (yeah me burning more calories), the oldest rides his bike.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I work out in the afternoons after I pick up the kids, sometimes while something is in the oven, or clothes are drying, etc.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 to work out before work Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, skip Monday and Friday, work out Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    My gym is open pretty late, so I usually go in the early evening, but sometimes I go in the late evening. I don't think I have ever gone to the gym earlier than...2 p.m. in my life. Haha
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to exercise early in the day. However - it's very hard to get myself up in the morning, I'm a night owl.

During the week, I get home around 5 (work 8-4:30). I workout at the gym most nights, usually around 7 pm. On the weekends, I go much earlier in the day because that's what I prefer.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 and go before work twice a week and I go on sunday morning/afternoons.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I end up working out late at night (usually around 1130pm) b/c of my work schedule. Unfortunately this is the best time for me. Sometimes on my day off I will hit the gym earlier.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work at 8 and it takes me 40 mins to get there. I get up at 4 am to workout.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I get up extremely early to workout (at the gym by 5am). I shower at the gym and go from there to work. It's a pain getting up so early, but it is starting to pay off.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    For rides generally right after work - for circuit type work around 10 pm
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I work from home and my wife goes to an office. Our day starts at 5am where she gets ready to drive an hour to the office and be there at 7am. While she gets ready, I make her breakfast and lunch for her to take along.

After she's home around 4pm, we typically head to the gym and work out together. Come home and make dinner and relax the evening.

On weekends, we go early to mid afternoon. During a Packer game, the gym is pretty much deserted.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I tend to work out after I get off work at 5pm. I work full time and I'm also in school full time, so it's hard. Tues and Thurs I'm in class till 7:30 at night after work so I have to go to the gym after that and sometimes don't even get home and eat dinner till 9pm or later.