Losing weight is a constant battle.......

Options
I started using MFP in July, after my hubby started using the app. The doc told him to lose weight or increase his diabetic meds. I decided it was easier if we both lost weight that way we could support and motivate each other. It would definately help me to lose weight since i was already on 3 high blood pressure meds and weighed 219 lbs. the most i have ever weighed. when you are heavier it is eaier to buy larger sizes than lose the weight, but at some point your health really starts to deteriorate.

21 years ago, I was heavy into the martial arts going to the do jang on a nightly basis and I was in pretty good shape weighed about 165 lbs. i was one belt away from my black belt the night I went roller skating fell down in the warm up area and fractured my left ankle in 2 places. 13 weeks in a non walking cast, 3 surgeries to repair the damage and various screws and plates martial arts it was over for me, if I wanted to walk correctly. Then life, good eating and not watching my weight took over which led me to this app in July.

Since starting this app in July, I have lost 30 lbs, down to a whopping 182.9 lbs and loving it. People at work have started to notice my weight loss and surprised at what I have done, but it isn't a easy process.

I started out at 1500 calories and was surprised that I couldn't eat enough to maintain 1500 calories, so I dropped my calorie intake to 1350 which is working good, and have gone over 3 times. We try and stay way from starchy foods and the sweets. eat more fruits and veggies and salads. I try and evenly balance out my calories throughout the day, instead of getting stuck with a lot of calories at dinner. Hubby finally got me to give up the regular soda and refined sugar, now I drink water and sugar free beverages.

Once a month we treat ourselves to a "free" calorie night out. Don't worry about the calories and look a healthy options on the menu. A reward for doing a great job in our losing weight.

Feel free to check out what foods I am eating, and I would appreciate any input you may have in your weight loss goals.

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you are doing just fine! Did I see a breakfast of French Toast w/ syrup? And you still came in under daily goal! How's hubby doing?
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The eggs in the French toast is 1/2 cup egg beaters. No oil just cooking spray. The syrup is sugar free for a 1/4 cup. Hubby is doing great. He posted a success story as well yesterday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!