What to get HRM or something else?

Options
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times or more.

Currently I do body boot camp 3 x a week and also do a zumba and jhoom class once a week. I really want something I can link into myfitnesspal that would record my hr and activity. I've just joined a gym so I can mix up my exercise i.e gym workout and maybe a class, so I need the piece of equipment to be able to handle everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Forgot to say I'm in the UK

Replies

• Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it to you on the newsfeed but I just invested in the Ki-Fit...it's the UK version of the BodyMedia device.
    It's brilliant and links in with MFP no probs.

The food diary that you get with the Ki-Fit subscription is a bit naff as it only has generic foods in there and no named products so I enter my food here and it automatically synchs over to my Ki-Fit summary.

The reports and summaries you get on KF are far more detailed than you get on here and you can print out detailed reports.

PM me [we're friends already] if you want to know more and if you send me your email addy I'll pop you across one of the XL spreadsheets so you can see the sort of data it provides.

You see graphs of what you are burning on a minute by minute basis so even if I run for 10 mins, walk for 5 then run another 10 mins I can see exactly how many calories I burn at each interval or across the whole duration.

The armband is so comfy that I even wear it to bed and you can see how well you sleep...this might seem a bit useless but it really does come in handy....for instance, I noticed in my very first week that at about 3am every night I was getting restless, eventually waking up fully at about 4am and having to get up to go to the loo [sorry....probably too much information but there you go...or rather there I went!]
    I started to have my last drink [usually a cup of highlights chocolate at about 7pm instead of 9pm and now I sleep straight through the night without having to get up for a pee.
    It might not sound like its too useful but basically that one late drink was making me miss almost an hours sleep and I didn't even know it.

It doesn't let you know what your heart rate is but unless you specifically need that for some reason it does calculate the calories you burn in the same way that a HRM does.

I tested mine out while wearing my HRM at the same time and there was only a 5 calorie difference in the burn according to my HRM and the KF after an hours exercise so it's [in my opinion] just as reliable as a HRM

Downsides are that you can't wear it swimming or cycling and the cost at about £150 it's definitely an expensive option. You also have to pay a monthly subscription so again...it's far more pricey than a regular HRM

Anyhow, if you want to know more the site is here
    http://www.kiperformance.co.uk/default.aspx

And I'm happy to try and answer any questions you have if you PM me

Sky x
  • angelkissingdevil
    angelkissingdevil Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi sky

Thank you for replying, I did look at the kiritimati but wasn't sure if it was any good for me. I've been and looked again and maybe it would be right for me.

Many thanks

Sarah