Looking for some running buddies

Options
Hi there!

I've been using MFP for a while, and over that time I've made some friends that have really helped motivated me. I've also taken up running. I'd like to see more runners on my friends list as I try and improve my time and distance. It doesn't matter how experienced a runner you are - if you put one foot in front of the other in rapid succession, add me!

Replies

• Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    Hey. I started running in June as part of training for a Triathlon sprint, which I completed successfully. I have kept running and recently ran an 8k. I am a member of Endomondo - a great site for tracking exercise including running. There are lots of challenges there (public and private) that I participate in. Keeps me motivated. Feel free to friend me. And if you are interested, join Endomondo and friend me there.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to run a marathon before 30. I have a few more years to achieve that goal, but I would also like more runner friends for motivation. I've done a few 5K races, but I need to get more serious and consistent!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a runner :) Currently I am recovering from foot surgery (1.5 weeks ago), but as soon as I am cleared to get back at it, I will be! My longest distance ran so far has been 8.5 miles-I was training for my first half marathon when I got hurt. You are more than welcome to friend me if you'd like.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I run not very fast but I get there! feel free to add me !
  • realredhead79
    realredhead79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm down one marathon, 9 half marathons, several sprints tris, and one half ironman. And yes! I AM OBESE!!
    I'm rehabing from an IT band injury. So I'm not logging alot of miles, but I'm getting out and about