How can you make it easier to achieve your goals

Options
Eveyday it get harder to achieve my goals because I have to be in the kitchen 24 hrs cooking for somebody..Plus I dont have time to go to the gym because of my schedule can somebody give me some insights, I will be very thankful on any suggestions

Replies

• Fatboy2Fitboy
    Fatboy2Fitboy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time making time for the gym which is why i do the 30 day shred! its 30mins a day circuit training u can do at home with no equipment! That was incentive enough for me.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things you can do in the kitchen - jog in place, jumping jacks, etc. Take a look at fitnessblender low-impact workout for beginners. A challenge but stuff you can do (I believe).
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If you can work out in bursts, that's always good. I get two 10 minute breaks at work along with my hour lunch. So I power walk on both breaks and half my lunch for a total of 50 minutes of walking. Fit it in anywhere you can. If you have 5 minutes to spare in the morning, do some stretching with some calisthenics like jumping jacks and lunges. Anything is better than nothing!!
  • lilian281977
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the insights..
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    chew gum or chug water while in the kitchen not preparing food for yourself
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add that I have actually tied a bandana around my mouth to keep myself from tasting things in the kitchen.
  • TheCandel
    TheCandel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    well one thing to consider is supplements. first of all, I believe many people that plateau don't take vitamins or supplements. Me personally, I take calcium with Vitamin D(vinegar helps the body absorb calcium as well), multi-vitamin, fish oil,cinnamon, cayenne pepper pills, chromium picolinate and vitamin B complex and of course I exercise.

I did notice that for the 2 days that I ran out of chromium my weight plateaued, but it could be other things.

i've been on here for 35 days and have lost 19 pounds, mostly because I do IF or intermittent fasting, it's not for everyone but it's incredibly easy to keep going on it.

So, if you want my opinion and you are disciplined with vitamins, water and eating then DEFINITELY TAKE VITAMINS and other supplements.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you need to spend so much time in the kitchen?
  • delbury
    Options
    If you are elderly (77) and somewhat disabled, exercise is out of the question. I do try to keep my legs and toes wiggling in my chair and hobble around the house as much as possible, but have lost only 16lbs in 4 months at less than 12oo cals daily. I have a thyroid problem which I'm told doesn't help with the weightloss. Still NIL DESPERANDUM as someone once said!::flowerforyou:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Eveyday it get harder to achieve my goals because I have to be in the kitchen 24 hrs cooking for somebody..Plus I dont have time to go to the gym because of my schedule can somebody give me some insights, I will be very thankful on any suggestions

Hi Lilian, you have done such a great job already losing 33lbs. My advice is walking, get some walking in as much as you can...there are lots of other things you can do also, but the only excuse you can find is not to make time. Keep up the great job OK x
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Adjust your thinking and thoughts.

In fact, wake up each day look yourself in the mirror and ask. If today was your last day, would you be happy?

Because eventually today will be your last day, so you should be happy.
  • Dotz4skinny
    Dotz4skinny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For goal achievement insurance, workout DVD's are key. Start your day by popping one of those things in the DVD player, they range anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes. You'll be surprised how much weight you lose!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Put on some good music and DANCE AWAY GIRLIE!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    If you're able to listen to music in the kitchen and have a little room, dancing while cooking can help pass the wait times between all the prep. Or play music in your head and just keep moving. :-)

As a caregiver I don't go to the gym, either. Years ago I tried the gym in our small town, but even a short drive in Florida heat to a place that doesn't have showers or fitting rooms (one changes in the bathroom) was too much for me to handle. So I got exercise equipment that I love and that I can use at home by my work desk. In my case, that's a Magne-Trainer mini-bike and a set of soft weights.

I also make sure that I have healthy food available to grab. My caree can eat just about anything (and not gain an ounce!), so I needed a way to overcome temptation. Having plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables on hand for me has weaned me off the processed sweets.

Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far! Think small -- do brief exercise sessions when you can, where you can. Don't sweat it (except during exercise) if losing the weight takes longer. Plateaus happen. Take everything one day at a time and just keep eating healthy and eating fewer calories than you burn. Keep on keepin' on and keep the faith.

PS: Re plateaus, I found this article to be very helpful:
    https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
  • vintageamour
    Options
    I jog in place or do sit ups during commercial breaks (when I get a chance to watch t.v) and as soon as I get up in the a.m, I do about 30 crunches. I just started doing these exercises so i'm not quite sure if it makes a difference.