Free Day?

I am sure this has been a topic but I am really curious what you all do! So I have been doing a lot of research about diets and how you need to treat yourself with your favorite foods that aren't so good for you every now and then, or your setting yourself up for failure. What I want to know is do you guys have one free day per week? I do tend to go out at least once a week, but not every weekend and of course alcohol has a lot of calories. People who don't do free days... Do you guys add up your alcohol intake and put it in your diary? And people who don't do free days do you guys treat yourself with your favorite foods and add them to your diary?

Replies

• anybody? :(
  • I had a cheat day on Friday.. and logged it. Just didn't put what it was in my diary. I don't plan on splurging every week.

I do have a weakness for beer.. and when I hit my 20lbs I think I am going to go to Bw3S. I

I am off to make a sandwich.

:)

Jane
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    I take logging-free days, but I'm always aware of what a proper portion should look like and how many calories are in alcohol.

I don't deny myself anything. If I'm really longing for it, I plan it into my calorie budget. Of course I can't have everything I want, but I can have anything I want.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    I have been at t his for only 6 months now and i absolutely refuse to give myself a " free day". I might give myself a treat meal or a sweet a couple times a month. I will always log what i eat as well so i know i am staying on track. It has been very difficult for me at times but, i decided that i didnt want to just lose weight...i wanted to be all over inside and out healthy. I really dont feel good physically or mentally when i put junk in my body so i cant imagine doing it very often. I dont drink so i cant say much on that except i dont want to waste my calories on liquid. I'm not perfect but i do try to keep my log honest because i am only hurting myself if i cant give my lifestyle 100%.
  • broomykm
    broomykm Posts: 31 Member
    I think treating yourself occasionally is most important. I don't schedule it, I usually base it more on how I feel I am doing. Recently, I logged good hard workouts for 11 days in a row and managed to escape the plateau I had been stuck on, so I treated myself to a piece of cake. If you completely deny yourself, you can wind up binging and causing more damage than good, not just to your calorie intake but if you aren't used to rich or fatty foods it can upset your system. And I include any alcohol intake in my daily diary, it is amazing and scary how many calories can come from just a couple of drinks. I allow for a drink in my diary just like everything else. As always, I am a strong believer in the premise that if you want it you will earn it, so if I want a couple beers at the end of a long day, I work out extra hard. And I always earn it first, so much better than buying on credit! Good luck!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I treat myself whenever I feel it's necessary- but I always log it. I don't believe in taking free days and not logging- It's a really slippery slope between not logging a free day and not logging whatever you don't want to face a slip-up. I also think you should always log alcohol.
  • I was/am debating on a free day too and what does a free day mean to you? Eat whatever you want and how much or eat what you want and keep it to a minimum? I love sweets more than I should and even eating 4 cookies (all homemade by me) I used up so many of my calories. So it sorta sucks how many calories are in just a fun size candy bar. Boo. lol