Very Low Calorie Diets -Liquid fasts

Options
2»

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    not true that you will regain the weight when you resume eating. You may regain 5 lbs as you will actually have food in your GI tract. I did a juice fast for 20 days and lost 20 lbs. I regained 5 lbs. I will be doing it again hopefully for 30 days after I finish my 24 day challenge. It helps me deal with my food control issues. I need help with that. You can do it if your mindset is right.

**I don't know about detoxing but I can honestly say that all my skin issues went away and I glowed. You can get the right amount of calories by drinking them. Log the info and see for yourself.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    No.

EAT...

SMASH...

REPEAT...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    MFP has a pretty well laid out map to success. I'd try that rather than some insane fast.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. :)
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Do a watermelon fast it will clean you out like you wouldn't believe O.o but once your done you will feel amazing light as air and happier. Here's a documentary you can see its called

Eat, Fast and Live Longer - Horizon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9_vGtbjHPQ

another good resource is MEDICAL BENEFITS OF WATER FASTING
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQeSzqrvLvY

Clean you out? As in make you poop none stop? Wipe you out and put all your electrolytes out of whack, maybe.

I think the Horizon documentary is being used out of context here. None of the sources on that documentary suggest depriving your body of essential nutrients for extended periods of time, the and the primary aim was not weight loss. I haven't seen the other.

Am I the only person confused as to why doctors in the u.k are prescribing these vlc diet shake ketogenic type nonsense to obese patients? I think that obesity is more of a psychological issue and that perhaps exercise programmes and dietician consults on prescription would be more likely to help people to make long term changes. Especially because you aren't supposed to exercise on vlcd. Grinds my gears lol.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of crap everyone who has read it is now dumber.

yay for anti-knowledge......

:indifferent:

Thats a touch harsh.People are sharing their personal experiences here.Why don't you give yours instead of bashing those who have the courage to try different diets and decide for themselves if they are helpful or not.

Harsh? Maybe. True? 100%.

Sometimes you have to be harsh to get people to listen. When they continue to pass off false and fake information, information that can be harmful to others on these boards who don't know better, then it is time to be harsh.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've tried the "apple detox diet" where you just eat apples everyday for 3 days and then drink 1/2 cup of olive oil on the 4th day.
    I ate 3 apples on the 1st and 2nd day and 2 apples on the 3rd. The hunger was intense haha.
    I don't think I lost any weight because of that detox diet but it's probably because I'm already in a "healthy" range of weight.

I would definitely do it again sometime, because I think it feels healthy to give your liver and kidneys a break once in awhile :)

So your kidneys and liver don't process apples or olive oil?? Interesting.....