Carbs?

I read something that says I should maybe lower my carbs as well as my calories but I have no idea what I'm doing there, how do I do my carbs?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    make an effort to eat clean (avoid processed foods) and your carbs should take care of themselves. When you remove garbage/convenience foods it's much easier to be mindful of carbs.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    make an effort to eat clean (avoid processed foods) and your carbs should take care of themselves. When you remove garbage/convenience foods it's much easier to be mindful of carbs.

Mk, cool thanks ^.^ thats much simpler than trying to watch a number lol
  • I'm currently doing Keto. Scratch out all breads and fruits. Breads and fruits have a surprising amount of carbs. If you're not too concerned with keeping such a low number of carbs, keep the fruit in your diet, but still pay attention to the carbs they have as well.

On Keto, I stay around 20g of carbs a day. Sometimes it spikes to around 40g (one day I accidentally used Miracle Whip in my tuna instead of Mayonnaise - what a bummer, +10g carbs!), and I'm sure in the future it might hit around 50g on a certain day, but I'm always aiming for 20g and doing it pretty easily. Just yesterday I only hit 12g of carbs, so, it's not impossible.
  • Ambyr, you have lost 109 lbs so you are doing something correct. I would just continue doing what you have been doing. You are doing great. Don't fix it unless it's broken.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Ambyr, you have lost 109 lbs so you are doing something correct. I would just continue doing what you have been doing. You are doing great. Don't fix it unless it's broken.

^^^^This
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Ambyr, you have lost 109 lbs so you are doing something correct. I would just continue doing what you have been doing. You are doing great. Don't fix it unless it's broken.

While i agree the advantage of lowering her carbs a little bit will force her to concentrate on getting more protein which will improve the chances of retaining more lean muscle mass. And fat loss > weight loss.

OP, you can go into your home-- settings and do a custom set up where you can adjust your macros... i usually suggest 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Now or the only other thing to do in order to improve body recomposition and maintenance of muscle would be weight training if you are not doing it already.