How long does it take to see results?

Options
13»

Replies

• shelleygold
    shelleygold Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been concerned with my weight fluctuation for some time and wondered if it is the experience of others here that the variable weight is due, in part, to water retention? I live in a humid/hot climate and become frustrated with the variation in my weight; usually between 1 to 3 kg? This situation confuses me , at times, as I try and remain loyal to eating at a calorie deficit. I would really appreciate hearing from others?
  • cc_126
    cc_126 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you so much all for your great advice. i have just downloaded the app so will keep a food diary and log my exercise. Excited to get going :)
  • Healthy_mum_to_4
    Options
    I personally since losing 6.6kgs since 9th December am only seeing a difference now so 6ish weeks for me
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been concerned with my weight fluctuation for some time and wondered if it is the experience of others here that the variable weight is due, in part, to water retention? I live in a humid/hot climate and become frustrated with the variation in my weight; usually between 1 to 3 kg? This situation confuses me , at times, as I try and remain loyal to eating at a calorie deficit. I would really appreciate hearing from others?

This is off topic, and should be in a separate thread. Lots of things cause water fluctuations. I can get them from eating out (restaurants can use a lot of salt), monthlies, or starting/changing exercise programs, or having a more intense exercise day (2+hours).

Here's one (of many) threads on periods and water weight gain (and changes in cravings/hunger).
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/569388/women-menstrual-cycle-and-weight-gain

If you have sudden weight change that is not linked to caloric intake, it's probably water (muscle weight changes tend to be gradual). Don't stress about water weight, look at month-to-month trends. Good luck :)