Disease/?disability/? & coke-pepsi/any pop addiction ....how

Options
I have a health concern in the form of / Fabry disease.
Aka; I'm in pain 24/7 over 96% of my bodys internal & external structure .
I don't sweat ( really & truely) can't control internal temp - if I work out I heat up:(
& more pain occurs.

& I'm addicted to pepsi.....

Pls - help - I need a support sponser & ideas to loose 34 pounds

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I can't address all your questions, but I can tell you that people can lose weight by making dietary changes, even without doing strenuous exercising.

I was not familiar with the condition you have, so I did a little googling and learned a little about it. I can't even imagine how life-altering it must be. Assuming you can do so, I would recommend using the tools in MFP to figure out your calorie guidelines, and maybe try some walking for the sake of cardio training. Since Fabry's can affect your heart, I will assume anything you would try in terms of physical activity would be something your doctor was ok with you doing.

As for the soda addiction, I have not experienced it personally, but have read some of the posts on the subject. I seem to recall people suggesting that you can wean yourself off of it by cutting back on your consumption while at the same time increasing your consumption of water. You might use the search function in the community section of the website and search for words related to this problem. I think part of the issue is caffeine addiction, since coke and pepsi have that as well as sugar ((referring to regular formulas, not caffeine free formulas)

Good luck to you.
  • chefmjh
    Options
    I am surprized an now hopeful, your reply ment alot to my motivation.
    I will increase my water intake an start increasing my cardio via walking
    an rubber band stretching, along with walking.

Thank u :) I don't know were in here thou to find support to keep me on track
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Just keep posting. As you read threads, you will see things you want to respond to or you may have a question to post. You will find most everyone here is very supportive. No one has all the answers, but you can learn a little bit from a lot of sources.

Good luck. BTW, there was a recent thread for people with disabilities. If I can find it, I will post a link below this post so you can find it. Anytime you find a thread, you can post on it, and it will put it back up in the recent posts and likely get some responses even if it has been around for a while.