have a question

Options
I'e been having a hard time breaking out of a plateau and I've heard the special k diet can help.Do you think it will help me at least break my plateau so that I can have an easier time losing weight?might do it for a month

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    if you reached a plateau id recommend changing it up a bit to get things moving again so the special k diet is worth a shot
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No. A super calorie restricted diet lacking in nutrients is not the way to go in my opinion... I could never make it a month just eating cereal - I'd be starving all the time and cranky.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do yourself a favor take a week off from exercise and set your account to maintain. This can help regulate the hormones caused by a calorie deficit. When you start back, set your account to 1 lb per week and eat 50% of your exercise calories. Also what is your exercise routine? If you havent started weight training i would highly suggest you start.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Gimmicky diets like that don't work. Wait, scratch that. Diets don't work.
  • jabberwalkie89
    Options
    No. A super calorie restricted diet lacking in nutrients is not the way to go in my opinion... I could never make it a month just eating cereal - I'd be starving all the time and cranky.
    Actually the special k diet isnt just cereal fyi. Still honestly I would go with maintainance for a couple weeks and then plowing ahead. You wont lose anything during that time, but you also won't gain and in my experience it works to shake off a plateau.