Yay :) results i wasnt really looking for

Options
I've been trying to change the way I eat and my fitness level for about a month now.I am overweight and have something called acanthosis. Something that can cause dark circles around eyes, neck, elbows and so on. Well when I was looking in the mirror today the darkness on my neck is almost all GONE! I was so happy and it made me realize that this change I'm making should also be about my health and not just appearance. :)

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and eating healthy always have more than one positive outcome besides the scale decreasing.
    Glad, that you are seeing unexpected benefits of changing your fitness and eating habits! Stay motivated, more chanes are to follow. :smile:
  • thica03
    thica03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am overweight and have something called acanthosis. Something that can cause dark circles around eyes, neck, elbows and so on. Well when I was looking in the mirror today the darkness on my neck is almost all GONE! I was so happy and it made me realize that this change I'm making should also be about my health and not just appearance. :)

That's fantastic, I have the same problem it wasn't until my husband went to Med School, until I started taking things more seriously. I know how it feels to have what I call " The black neck" I'm always wearing clothes with collars and never wear anything above my elbows or knees. But since I have been losing weight the dark spots have been getting much lighter and it feel great.
    I know that Acanthosis can be genetically inherited and is associated with obesity.; and there is plenty of that in my family.
    So, I'm on a journey of BEATING THE ODDS!! I don't want to die young, but I want to enjoy my life.
    I have to admit getting healthy does have its perks, more energized, better sleep and most of all Appearance change.. This is what I love about it the most.

I'm really happy for you! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!