Help!!! Surgery + TOM + Moving House = :( Kate

kateyb
kateyb Posts: 138 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
How much do you guys find you put on around TOM? I've had a nightmare 10 days which have included surgery, moving house and now the dreaded P. I have an implanon (and have had for 6 years now) so don't get regular TOM's and have kind of forgotten the side effects. I can go a year without and it only tends to happen when I'm stressed - hence why I have no idea how it affects my body. The past 2 weeks have definitely taken their toll though - my body is rebelling in various ways, I've broken out in stress rashes, spots, cold sores and now this. I haven't been able to weigh in since Sat 23rd because my scales were at the bottom of a box somewhere (finally found last night) and my exercise has gone to pot since I'm still healing and too much physical exertion has left me in agony. That said my eating hasn't been too bad - I've been over on a few occasions and snacked a bit more often than usual, but nothing disasterous, I'm still doing way better than I was before I started this journey - and it's not like I've been hitting up maccy d's or anything!!!

That said I jumped on the scale this morning to find that I have gained 2lbs. Even with the occasional over, and lack of exercise I thought that all the effort of moving house (lots of cleaning and packing/unpacking, up and down 3 flights of stairs 50 times a day etc) would have at least allowed me to break even if not have knocked off a pound or two. I know it could probably be down to the TOM, but wondered how long I should wait before checking again. I don't feel particularly bloated or anything so don't know if I can fall back on the old water retention chesnut.

I'm just feeling so dejected after seeing the gain that I want to go out and get something really bad but really yummy for lunch!

What do you guys think? Should I log the gain on here? I don't want to be one of those people that checks the scale every day, nor do I want to take it to the extreme and eat hardly anything for the next couple of days to knock the extra 2lbs off!!!

Replies

• Wow, stressful... you need to give yourself a break... Be sure to pick one time each week to weigh in and record your weight in MFP - put it in no matter what (just like we do for the food diary) and accept that there are things in your way (temporarily) that are slowing you down. However, use this time to take a breather and regroup. Dwell on that gain only long enough to try to understand it and keep moving forward!

If it's only water weight it will be a bonus when it goes as quickly as it came...
This discussion has been closed.