How to avoid gaining weight during the holiday

Options
2»

Replies

• agamy4
    agamy4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you maintain healthy eating habits and overeat on Thanksgiving, I doubt you'll gain all your weight back. Take an offday and enjoy life. You're going to have to maintain your weight anyway for the rest of your life so that does not mean no more Thanksgivings for you. Make sure to get back to your healthy lifestyle afterwards. :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    How much do we really eat at Thanksgiving?

Here:

http://consumerist.com/2012/11/19/how-many-calories-will-we-really-eat-on-thanksgiving-day/

As for my goal during the holidays--I'm doing as much yoga and Zumba as I can fit in (just did a unlimited Groupon for $30). Did it last year too--it's the best way I know how to combat all of the parties, the eating, and the food.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    There will be lots of holiday parties/dinners in the upcoming months. If I do exercise twice a day (morning and evening), would that help to avoid gaining weight from the party or big dinner? I usually maintain 1,200 calories/day but I know it's hard when eating at restaurant. I just recently lost over 10 lbs and certainly don't want to gain back the weigh. Any suggestions?

Twice a day is not suggested. People have trouble losing weight if they "over train"
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    my group fitness instructors have said something along the lines of...move it out before you shove it in...

i fail to see how two meals over the space of two months are going go make you regain a ton of weight.

practice portion control and keep up the exercise. i find that stagging my calories actually helps me to lose weight rather than gain...