stuck!

Options
I recently started sticking to my calorie counting. The first week i lost 7lbs and was over the moon. Its been two weeks since then and i'm totally stuck. Im eating my 1200 calories a day and to be honest i have been satisfied with that. I'm thinking of lowering my calorie intake to 1000, id appreciate peoples thoughts on this or even some advice how i can get these extra lbs off! Please help :-(

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Lowering your calories is the opposite of what you should do. First off, losing weight takes time, you might hit plateaus for a month but it will all come off with persistence and hard work. You should up your calories to around 1600 and give it time and sweat and healthy eating and the weight will come off. Youre not losing because you're not eating enough. It's counter intuitive but I promise it's true.
  • rlrideout
    Options
    She is right!!! If any thing increase your caloric intake. Include exercise, drink lots of water and make healthy choices!
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    She's correct. Lowering your calorie intake will thrust you into starvation mode after two days. As you already know, your body needs a minimum of 1200 calories to continue its basic function (organs, brain, muscle function, sight, etc). Less calories will begin a steady decline of your metabolism. Instead, do as she recommended. Increase you food intake and continue with the exercise. Try mixing up your routine. Hope this helps. Best,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!