Any1 from South West America?!

Options
aimiee88
aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
Hey,

I know this has nothing to do with MFP, but as there are sooo many people on here from all over the world and all really friendly and helpful, I thought what better place to ask!

Looking for some nice chitchat, helpful hints/tips, places to see by the people who would know the South West of America best!!

My partner and I are planning a road trip around the South West of America in Feb, and wondered if anyone had any tips/places to visit/places to avoid in Feb/Snow?! etc etc..

We have a rough route planned out, but this will be quite big for us, and want to make the most of seeing some amazing places!

Any info would be great! =)

Replies

• gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Which states/cities will you be visiting?
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I wish!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well I was born in the west of South America...close enough? :laugh:
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Try and get your hands on a Sunset Magazine, or check their website sunset.com

What kindof stuff do you like to do? Outdoorsy active? Or a classic roadtrip? History, scenery, Hollywood, Vegas?
  • aimiee88
    Options
    Hey,

Thanks for the replies, Sorry for the delay in replying to you all, havent been able to get to the forums over the last couple of days.

We are looking at going to Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas etc.
    We are flying into LA, and thinking about driving up through the national parks to Yosemite so we may have some snowy weather, then down around to the Grand canyon and Arizona Desert, going to Antelope Canyon and over to Las Vegas.
    Anywhere in between that may be worth seeing would be great to know. We are also unsure what sort of thing we shall be able to see if the snow is still bad at the time?

I should add we are both photographers, and are taking all our gear with us to get some amazing photos =)

=)
  • aimiee88
    Options
    Well I was born in the west of South America...close enough? :laugh:

ummm, maybe not quite close enough :tongue:

Any ideas on where to go/see? :flowerforyou:
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Close, I'm in the northeast.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Damn.

I'm in the Northern Middle West...
  • aimiee88
    Options

What kindof stuff do you like to do? Outdoorsy active? Or a classic roadtrip? History, scenery, Hollywood, Vegas?

WOW this website it really good thank you, I know what I will be doing this evening! =D
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

WOW this website it really good thank you, I know what I will be doing this evening! =D

yeah I love it :)

Also you can try http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ for "offbeat roadside attractions", which may be one of those wierd American things, not sure... you tell me lol...

And http://www.roadtripamerica.com/ or
    http://www.roadtripusa.com/routes.html for more normal stuff

(Oh, and "American southwest" is how we say it. :wink: )
  • aimiee88
    Options

(Oh, and "American southwest" is how we say it. :wink: )

LOL Thanks pointing it out :tongue: