I hated running

Options
I remember when I was in JR high I decided to try out for track, I swam and played soccer from the age of 4 and figured I had my endurance and would be able to hold my own . . . I decided I was more of a field girl and loathed our mile warm up laps.
When I was in college I had to run the Greek Week 5K with my sorority. I was very active . . . I danced for 3 days straight every weekend, LOL. I was 18 and finished 168/173 with a time of 47:51. I walked the whole thing and quite possibly stopped for a cigarette along the way.
11 years ago I quit smoking. 5.5 years ago I joined my first gym (sort of, my then boyfriend now husband started working at one and I got a free membership because of it). 6 months later (5 years ago) the group fit manager was in great need of an additional step instructor so I went to training. 4.5 years ago I decided that maybe I'd think about doing a mini triathlon, so I started trying to run a 5K on the tread mill, I walked more than ran and then I got the worst shin splints and stopped running all together. Almost 2 years ago I lost my job, I needed something so I joined here and threw myself into being active. I started running again, outside this time, and this time I was running. I did my first mud run (7.5 miles), with crazy nerves, that September. M and I decided to run a 10K Thanksgiving Day that year, and I had a gun time of 56.23 (no chip time, our time was probably 45 seconds to a minute faster). I couldn’t move for 2 days after. This year I did a couple of mud runs, but this weekend . . . oh this weekend. This weekend I ran my first half marathon. I ran the whole thing; my goal was to go under 2 hours. My official chip time was 1:48.37. I have the 10K on Thursday and plan to crush last year’s time, and already have my next half lined up at the end of April, a month after my mud run season kick off.
I thought it was pretty surprising that I would take to mudding, seeing as there was running involved, but chalked it up to the RAWR aspect of conquering the obstacles. I’m shocked to find that this woman who was the girl that hated running is not only a runner but also a racer. Granted I’m not world class, but I already have my next goal: 1:45 or better here I come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!