5'11", 40lb down, in progress, pics

Options
wbandel
wbandel Posts: 530 Member
I'm just a lb shy of meeting my official half way goal of 41lbs but I thought I'd share my progress anyways since 40 is still pretty awesome. I first decided to lose weight this summer when I realized my pants yet again were too tight. Up to this point I just kept telling myself it wasn't a big deal. I was already unhappy with wearing a size 18, and I didn't want to have to buy more pants so quickly just because of my bad habits. The scale was also slowly increasing towards 250 and I realized that I was on a good course to ending up like my mother, morbidly obese. Seeing her now diagnosed with diabetes and having a hard time walking from one side of the house to the other, I decided I didn't want that to be my future.

I also started to notice a lot more health problems. My back was hurting more, I felt tired all the time. When I moved over the summer to a new apartment I kept throwing out my back and it would take a week to recover only to get thrown out again with the slightest provocation. I suppose I'm also what you might call a surviver of having a DVT. I had a blood clot in my leg 6 years ago which has left my left leg and veins a bit damaged. It wasn't caused by health, but hormonal birth control, but either way I didn't want to risk having another one because of being obese (additionally I'm more at risk because the prior DVT and a genetic predisposition). I decided that since I'm only 24, that this is when I'm supposed to be at my healthiest, not falling apart. I wanted to strengthen my leg (I still limp a little when my circulation gets bad) and get back to a healthy BMI.

Since I've started I've noticed my back never hurts. My leg has gotten better, specially when I was doing C25K (I had to stop when school started again and it got cold). I can now jog faster and longer than I could even before my DVT. My varicose veins are getting better and I don't feel the blood settling in my leg as much as before. My snoring has stopped, which was a great bonus. I've lost 2 pants sizes, probably a shirt size (though I keep wearing them anyways), and a bra size (cup and band). Even my watch has needed some tightening. My ring size has also dropped two sizes and I can fit back into my promise ring from high school. And probably best of all, I'm no longer obese, just overweight. Which I haven't been in five years, and it's great to be back.

Okay, enough jabbering. Onto pictures. I don't have any pictures really of my legs. I'm not really comfortable showing them, but I think you can still get the gist.

Before, at about 247.

IMG_1320-1.jpg

After, about 2lbs heavier than now.

IMG_1831-1.jpg

Timeline of progress.

Timeline2-1.jpg

And as of this morning.

IMG_0839-1.jpg

Edit: I didn't post side pictures. Thought you might want to see those too since I'm kinda wide. lol

At 237 from the side.

IMG_0613-1.jpg

At 207 from the side.

IMG_0836-1.jpg

I really appreciate everyone on MFP for always sharing their own successes and being so friendly. The support and motivation has really made it possible for me to get to this point. If you have questions or comments feel free to ask away. You can also friend me if you'd like.

Replies

• africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Your look amazing for someone who is 207..you don't even look like you are 207!!!! Great job..congrats on your success so far :)
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are doing AWESOME! Thanks for sharing... #soinspiring
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are doing terrific. Inspiration to us all!
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look absolutely amazing girl! Good job on the hard work & dedication, it has definitely paid off.

:)
  • roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! I'm 5'11" too... went down from 306 to 251, so now I'm trying to get to the point where you are. :D Very inspiring!!
  • _nuski
    _nuski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You look amazing!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! What a transformation!! Keep up the GREAT work!!
  • kenziestx
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful ;)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! :drinker:
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! do you have twins? (pic) its amazing that all your hard work has paid off! you must feel so much better. i am down 10lbs, but it has taken me 7 months to lose. at least the scale is going in the right direction. i would be very happy at 170. 20 more more lbs to go!! i have pre-diabetes, so the weight comes off very slow. I am going to do this though! Again, congrats on your weight loss! you look stunning!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Awesome job keep it up
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are looking good.
  • wbandel
    Options
    you look awesome! do you have twins? (pic) its amazing that all your hard work has paid off! you must feel so much better. i am down 10lbs, but it has taken me 7 months to lose. at least the scale is going in the right direction. i would be very happy at 170. 20 more more lbs to go!! i have pre-diabetes, so the weight comes off very slow. I am going to do this though! Again, congrats on your weight loss! you look stunning!

Actually I am one of the twins. I moved away from my hometown and my family to go to graduate school. I've been missing my twin a lot, so I've been making pictures of us my icon on everything. lol Thanks so much and best of luck to you with your own progress!
  • wbandel
    Options
    Your look amazing for someone who is 207..you don't even look like you are 207!!!! Great job..congrats on your success so far :)

Thanks. It's both the curse and blessing of being tall. It takes forever to look like I've gained weight, but it also takes forever to come off. XD
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats on your progress!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • bryterlayter
    bryterlayter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look so good, I'm the same height as you with almost the same weight loss, but you look so much better! It's really difficult being this tall and losing weight, the day to day difference is so gradual. Congrats again and thanks for giving me something to work towards! x
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome, congrats!! Keep up the great work, you're doing brilliantly :)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hi hon, hope you don't mind me adding you, we're the same height, same starting weight, same age :) (well I'm 25) don't think I've ever come across anyone with all the same stats as me. You are doing amazing xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!