How do you feel about family members joining MFP ?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend joined. He's my friend. But he hasn't logged once and hasn't signed in for over a month. XD
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER add a family member or someone I know in real life on here. I admit some personal things on here and would be so embarrassed if they ever saw them. :noway:

I feel the exact same way!!! I want to be able to feel free to be myself on here without having to worry about so and so family members and what they expect of me!!!!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love having my family and real life friends as my friends on this site. We support one another and log on daily. Don't know what I'd do without them. We motivate each other.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don't have any family. Don't have any friends. But if I did, I would change my pic to George Clooney or something equally obscure, change my log on to "Rambo on a Leach" or something equally obscure and not friend any of them. :noway:
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I got my stepmom set up as far as downloading the app for her iPod, because she seemed really interested in joining, but then she never actually signed up for an account. She doesn't have that much to lose, but I told her the tracking would probably be helpful. I can't imagine she'd get too involved in the community aspects; she only uses Facebook to creep my brothers' and my pages. :laugh:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My husband is on here but doesnt log anything. My old Highschool art teacher is on here (she got me started) but i dont think shes on any of the forums but does log, etc.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    My wife is on here and that is Awesome, we started this together and both are doing pretty well. My Mother joined but has been MIA for about two months. My Sister-In-Law and her hubby joined and they are both MIA. it is like anything else, some will do it and some will just lose interest.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    No! No! No! MyFitnessPal is mine!! I don't wanna share!!
    & i don't care if that's selfish.

Okay, so now that my tantrum is over. Lol. They can have one, we just can't be friends!
    & besides they are the type to wanna take diet pills
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am friends with two people from one of my jobs on here. They are on my friends list and they are wonderfully supportive of me both here and in RL. I was uncomfortable with it at first, but got over it!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about family members joining MFP ?

tracy-morgan.gif
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I would love for my mum to join this. I know she needs to lose weight, but she is very discouraged due to her under-active thyroid. Her knees really give her grief from osteoarthritis and the doctors said she could have a knee replacement if she'd lose weight. The most I've known her to diet is for a couple of days until she got fed up with this condition. I've even offered to cook her. I'd just love to motivate her and her to motivate me.
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Id love to have my family members and friends on MFP...it would be added support :)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My sister is on of my friends on here, I to,d her about it.

She likes to do things like post calories burnt from 1 minute of sex.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I wish my hubby would start using it... He is getting kinda heavy, and REALLY heavy runs in his family. I wish that he would work on it now rather than later when it is a much bigger deal.

I wish my mom would too for that matter. I think if she had to log each glass of wine it would be helpful for more than just her weight...

Grandma is too computer illiterate (though she manages Facebook pretty well), but if she had to log all of the sugar she eats, I think THAT would be a wakeup call. She has had diabetes for a few years, but started eating MORE sugar when she was diagnosed. Forbidden fruit kind of thing. She is completely in denial though. Probably will be until she starts having to inject.