Something to think about!

Options
Just finished reading You On A Diet. Lots of interesting ideas. The one that stuck out most (because most people on MFP freak when the scale goes up a pound or 2) is do not have a goal weight, have a goal range that is healthy. Most people have a specific number they want the scale to say, but it is more important to be in the healthy weight range than to reach that magic number.

Just something to think about!

Replies

• kawade80
    Options
    I have always thought in those terms. I have a pants size goal that I want to reach not a certin weight.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I have always thought in those terms. I have a pants size goal that I want to reach not a certin weight.

Yes, me too...
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree! Although my goals include a weight range - I would be far more happy with inch loss, increased strength, to get off BP medicine, run a race, wear nice clothes -

Thanks for the advice!

Donna
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have been going by measurements a lot lately instead. This helps me not always look at the scale.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I try to go by my pants size......though I do find myself obsessing a little bit about what the scale says lately.q Mainly because I avoided a scale for over a year and then was SHOCKED by what it finally told me when I actually stepped on!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Ahhhh, very good. Thank you. I'm currently struggling with the fact that the scale said 188 on Sunday and 189 today, I know all the potential reasons (I was good, but I mean water, etc) but it still bugs me.