New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hello,
My name is Debbie and I am 47 years old. I have been here about a week. I have about 40lbs. to lose but have set my goals in small increments. Eight years ago I was a size 5 weighing in at 105lbs. I stopped smoking after cancer took my mother and started this battle with weight. Now I am a size 14 weighing in at 150. WOW........I NEVER dreamed it would be this hard to lose weight! I hope this site will keep me motivated to lose and eat healthier. I have tried others things, but never stuck with it.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hi Debbie... just log your foods, drink your water and keep checking in... it will come off :flowerforyou: . Don't get discouraged - you may not see the scale go down but the inches may show progress. :drinker: You will make it. :wink:

BTW congratulations on quiting the smokes. I am hoping to someday give mine up:grumble: .
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Hello! I started here last week and have already seen a little progress. Just keep at it and you will get there! Good luck :smile:
  • sumshine2010
    Options
    Great job! Wish things were goin as well for me. You have a lot of great motivators to keep you going. I found one for me on realage.com. It's like what Dr. Oz does and the doc on biggest loser. It told me my internal age is 42.... which isn't too bad considering I'm 38 but I'm not ready to be there yet...... so hoping w/ hard work I can reverse it to 32. Check it out.... let's all get healthy and younger. Yeah!
    Again, great job and keep it up.......

~Summer :happy:
  • lesada
    Options
    Hi, my name is Leslie. I am 26 yrs. old and I've been desperately wanting to lose weight for as long as I can remember. In high school I wasn't really overweight, but of course I had a negative body image, since i was an 11/12 while all my friends were 4, 6, and 8's. I was always so hard on myself and it really effected my self-esteem, which spiraled into alot of other problems, including drug abuse. I have been clean for over three years now, but of course I now pack on the pounds even harder. I seemed to have gained 10 lbs. a year since I was 19. I weighed about 150 then so that put me at about 210 last year. I got a gym membership in August of 08' and lost 6 or 7 lbs. before I had to quit the treadmill due to a plantars wart on my foot. If you've ever had one you know they are painful, and if you haven't I will tell you that you can't even put your full weight on the foot that it's on. I had it cut out , and had a hole in my foot for about two months, and then it healed and grew right back. So the more motivated I got the more painful that it got and it really held me back. I just invested in a recumbent exercise bike (the kind where you can sit down and pedal) and it seems to work okay. Not as productive as walking but it will get the job done until the doctor can really help me get rid of this wart.
    So I'm struggling and I'm here for help and support. If you would like to add me as a friend, please do. I would love to meet new people with the same goals and different stories, I think it's great motivation.
  • Dgrvs7
    Options
    Hi Betty, Thanks for the encouragement. Evry little word helps! And I see you have some congrats coming also. As far as smoking, I lost my mother in 2001 and my sister in Nov. 2009 to cancer from smoking. PLEASE do stop for your on health! I dont think anybody loved it more than me. I was a smoker for 34 years. It is hard to do but if you keep busy and have God in your life, it will be easier! Keep up the good work on your weight loss!
  • Dgrvs7
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement PinkPrincess! Congrats on your loss also!
  • Dgrvs7
    Options
    Thanks Summer! I will check out that site also. As for younger, I can ALWAYS stand to look and FEEL YOUNGER!