low cal hangover cures?

Options

Replies

• ChelseaJewell
    ChelseaJewell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I find the thing that helps most is a low-calorie/no-calorie sports drink. I always feel much better after a couple of them.

Indeed. I always pick up some Gatorade or Powerade if I know I'll be drinking a good bit. I don't do tomato juice
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    The only cure for a hang over is not drinking.

That's like saying the cure for the flu is not getting sick. Sure, you don't get a hangover, but that doesn't make it a cure. Plus wine is totally worth the hangover, and I've got my own wine-headache to deal with right now too.

You missed the point.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    get a IV
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Prickly pear juice or Alkazeltser (I think it says Morning relief)
  • Anita1271
    Options
    LOL I gotta try the pickle juice! I just drink TONS and TONS of water, and green tea. Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Okay, Emergen-c, aquafina 10 cal vitamin water, beef jerky and advil. I seem to be feeling a bit better.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Berrocca the night before (which is obvs no use to you now!)
    Lucozade
    Two codeine-paracetemol
    Sleep
    Full English Breakfast, shortly followed by an appointment with the undertakers, because you STILL feel like death.

Yup - I think that about does it!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options

^^ this ^^

and it is incredibly low cal
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some eggs, turkey bacon and rye toast.
  • goofyblonde
    goofyblonde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and plenty of fluids. :)
    Seriously, it works.
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OH God! Thank you for this post! I'm still suffering from Saturday!!!! I've heard the salt thing works....chips, etc. I just tried to drink a lot of water.
  • karunbe
    karunbe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alka-Seizer with Water helps for acid.... ButterMilk as well helps..

Below is tough to do but works if u can do..Cardio...And lots of water in any case
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's not a cure, but a banana may help in addition to some of the other suggestions.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Or I've heard coconut water is like the BEST hangovercure ever...I've never done it though, but I have friends who drink like fishes who swear by it.

I second coconut water! Cures a hangover in less than an hour, I swear!

I also always make some soup and have bread if my stomach is feeling icky. It's comfort food but not busting the calorie bank.
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Everyone is my part of Louisiana, and I know some heavy drinkers, swears by killing a beer. I myself have never been able to stomach it. But I'm not a beer drinker.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    2 advil, lots of water and eggs on plain toast.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

That's like saying the cure for the flu is not getting sick. Sure, you don't get a hangover, but that doesn't make it a cure. Plus wine is totally worth the hangover, and I've got my own wine-headache to deal with right now too.

You missed the point.

LOL ya think? I can say, after 20 years of serious drinking, so much so that I was a professional and retired now, that nothing cured a hang over for me. I am not going to lecture anyone here on the dangers of over drinking, I am sure that most people know by now what drinking to much will do to you, but I can offer a helping hand if anyone by chance would like to talk to me about how to stop drinking. I can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did in my life. It was not easy, but totally worth it.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    The key to hangovers is preventive maintenance. During your drinking binge, mix in some gatorade if you can. If not just drink one or two bottles before you hit the sack and if you can a couple glasses of water and you shall be fine. Its all about hydration.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Berrocca the night before (which is obvs no use to you now!)
    Lucozade
    Two codeine-paracetemol
    Sleep
    Full English Breakfast, shortly followed by an appointment with the undertakers, because you STILL feel like death.

Yup - I think that about does it!

We Americans can't get anything with codeine over the counter. :grumble:
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    oh i don't think I could handle a reality in which I couldn't buy codine over the counter. a swim in a freezing cold ocean does it. so does a gin and tonic and that is less cold and wet.