If you've hit your goal weight-help me!!

Options
After 10 long months I'm finally at my goal weight!! The only problem?? I'm a notorious yo-yo dieter who hits her goal weight only to turn around and gain it all back. I really want to break the cycle. I think it's hard to keep the weight off when the compliments stop coming, you no longer have a specific target weight to hit, etc. How do you stay motivated once you've hit your goal????

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This is when you start trying all the fun crazy non traditional workouts and getting addicted!!!!

try kettlebells, or obstacle courses, or a dance class or anything fun to keep you interested!! Its never over- its fun for life now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance (have been for well over a year) and it can be as challenging as trying to lose. Keep logging your food. It is essential to staying on track for me even though my diary isn't perfect and I've been known to miss a day here or there. Toss out/donate any clothes that are now too big for you. Don't allow yourself that safety net. There isn't one thing hanging in my closet that I couldn't wear tomorrow. Also,could you try establishing a new set of goals not tied to your weight? Fitness goals maybe?
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    good tips you guys!!! Thank you so much...I have been donating things that don't fit anymore, but probably need to get better at it. Also, Brynn thank you for the fitness goal suggestion! Not sure why I've never thought of that! I'm a goal oriented person, so this is EXACTLY what I need to keep me going!!!!