Shakeology worth it?

Options
I woundering if shakeology is worth it? i cant justify 130$ without knowing its really going to help

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    No
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No. You'll get plenty of other responses here that say the same thing.

Eat a healthy, balanced diet.. and exercise.. problem solved.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wouldn't.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I woundering if shakeology is worth it? i cant justify 130$ without knowing its really going to help

It may actually help, since then you'd have $130 less for groceries, less food = less cals = weight loss :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You can get a lot of good, healthy, whole foods for that amount of money.

The way I figure it is this - would I be prepared to stick with that shake plan for the rest of my life? No? Then, it's far better to find something that I *can* live with for the rest of my life. Otherwise, I'll be back here in a year, starting all over again.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

It may actually help, since then you'd have $130 less for groceries, less food = less cals = weight loss :)
    ^ solid logic
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think there are good protein powders out there that cost a lot less and work as well. Vitacost or Pure Protein, for example.
    That said, Shakeology chocolate is sure yummy! Just be aware that it has "probiotic" properties that kick in about four hours after you drink it! If you decide to try it, find a Team Beach Body rep who can get it for you at a discount.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Watch the video on the BB website and then decide if its worth it. I use it and I am reallly happy with it. It has helped "regulate" my body that diet hasn't done. I also have really hectic mornings and I enjoy being able to have it on the run. My favorite combination is Chocolate Shakeology + Raspberries. Tastes like dessert :)
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    thanks everyone, i think ill stick with my "homemade" smoothy with hemp hearts and green whole foods powder
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Watch the video on the BB website and then decide if its worth it. I use it and I am reallly happy with it. It has helped "regulate" my body that diet hasn't done. I also have really hectic mornings and I enjoy being able to have it on the run. My favorite combination is Chocolate Shakeology + Raspberries. Tastes like dessert :)

What do you mean by regulate?
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I always thought Shakeology was just for the lazy? It puts all the stuff you need in one shake that you drink and move on...right? Nothing wrong with that....is it worth 130$? Depends on how much you value your time. I'll be the first to admit I'm lazy...but not lazy enough that 130$ is worth it to me....but then again, I dont have money burning holes in my pocket....if 130$ was a drop in a bucket...I'd do it.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    No, use the money to invest in a decent protien powder instead if you're lifting. And even the best protein powder won't run you $130. That's just a rip off. Having said that, let the record reflect that I think Beachbody's workouts are amazing.
  • CoachPetrina
    CoachPetrina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's absolutely worth it- and I wouldn't dismiss it as "just a protein shake"- it's actually a meal replacement and nutrition supplement. I've been on it for over a year. Is it essential for you to succeed in losing weight? Nope. But it can make for a quick, easy and power-packed mini-meal. I consider myself a frugal gal and IMHO worth every penny. When you break it down per serving (about $4), you can wind up paying less than you would for a month's worth of junk convenience meals or Starbucks sugar-laden coffee drinks. Just my two cents.
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    I have decided its not worth it i will stick with food insted! 130$ is almost my monthly budget!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Nope. Why would you want to pay outrageous prices to drink all your meals? That's just silly. Shop and eat healthier. Protein drinks are great, cheaper, meal substitutes as well if you're on the go. As soon as you stop drinking that stuff, you're going to gain it right back.