Some one noticed!

Options
Today is the first time that any one has noticed that I have lost weight, 10lbs since October! I'm fitting in to old clothes and liking the way I look but it was getting me down that no one else had noticed. Then today a girl at work asked me if I had lost weight as I was looking quite slim. Makes me so happy to finally have some one notice. I have asked the husband whether I looked different and he said that he didn't think so and as he sees me daily it is hard to tell, so was thinking it might all be in my mind. Not too much more to go to be my ideal weight :)

Replies

• s_parziale
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Congratulations on your weightloss!!! I'm sure plenty of people noticed! There is a woman in my office who I've noticed has lost some weight, but I didn't know if it was polite to say so? I'm sure you're turning heads everywhere!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Today is the first time that any one has noticed that I have lost weight, 10lbs since October! I'm fitting in to old clothes and liking the way I look but it was getting me down that no one else had noticed. Then today a girl at work asked me if I had lost weight as I was looking quite slim. Makes me so happy to finally have some one notice. I have asked the husband whether I looked different and he said that he didn't think so and as he sees me daily it is hard to tell, so was thinking it might all be in my mind. Not too much more to go to be my ideal weight :)

AWWW congrats!!!!!! I cant wait for that day
  • emilycheng
    emilycheng Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Don't ever hesitate to comment if you think someone has lost weight. I love hearing it from other people. Someone said it to me last week and i got that warm fuzzy feeling =)
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also did not get any comments when I lost 15lb, I know how discouraging that can be, but after I thought to myself who am I doing this for them or me. After I lost the 20lbs then I had coments about my weight loss.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It's always good to say "You're looking great, you must be doing something right" or some other postive thing that does not say anything about weight. That way person feels good whether there is a weight issue or not. And most of us will respond with something like "Thanks! I've been working hard at being more fit (or losing weight, or getting more rest, or whatever is helping)"
  • hklbry
    Options
    It feels good doesn't it? Yea, good for you. Keep up the hard work and as long as you are feeling better every day that is what trully counts. Even with myself, the scale says I have lost, my clothes say I have changed, but when I look in the mirror, I do'nt know that I see much change....it seems we get comfortable wherever we are and forget the small changes we are making every day. Keep at it, don't give up! People are noticing!