Fantasizing about food

Options
Is it just me or does everyone go through a phase of fantasizing about food? It's been cream cakes, cream doughnuts to be exact.
I haven't eaten one for years. After more than three weeks of counting my calories and losing some weight which I'm very pleased about I have started salivating about cream cakes. I hope it's just a stage that will pass quickly. :ohwell:

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    Get yourself some ice cream. Just get a small amout. I think you need to treat yourself so you don't binge later. A small ice cream isn't going to hurt you, just take an extra 15 minute walk or cut back on your meal so you can be satisfied and not salivating!:)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I've found that telling myself that something is off-limits just makes me want it that much more. Just work a small serving into your daily calories so you don't feel deprived. :flowerforyou:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I agree you dont want to deprive yourself (makes you not stick to it) I work it into my calories for the day or limit it to my two bite rule (I allow two bites of the craved food) one bite to say WOW that great or to say "man not that good why was I dreaming about this" and the second bite (if it was really good to say hey I am done for now but I can have this again. It works for me :bigsmile:
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying frozen yogurt instead of icecream, I've never tried it. I wonder if it taste good. I'm not really bothered about icecream. I'd rather have a vodka and diet sprite :drinker:
    These cravings come over me when I'm at work where my only choice is cuppa soup and crispbreads :laugh: If I have time I prepare salads and stuff, but soup is easier.
    I have managed to include a cadbury cream egg in my snack calorie allowance so I''m not going without a treat really. I've actually enjoyed making meals from scratch, working out the calories takes time, but oh boy does the food taste good. That's the best thing I've noticed since starting on this site "food really tastes nicer".:happy:
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to treat yourself to something nice as a reward :)

Is Frozen Yoghurt exactly what it sounds like...yoghurt that has been frozen? I wonder if you could buy natural yoghurt or low calorie fruity yoghurt and freeze it yourself. It actually sounds quite nice.

Subsitute your vodka and sprite for a creamy doughnut! Lol, which would you choose... Doughnut or Vodka? There's only one way to find out!! FIGHT!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I totally did this!! When I first started my lifestyle change, my mouth would water so much when thinking about certain foods. And yes, it passes...give it a few days! :laugh: