I enjoy exercise?! Miracle! :D

Options
Before I started on here and my weight loss regime, the thought of exercise wasn't at all appealing to me!!

But now I actually look forward to it everyday and enjoy doing it! I am only doing a fitness DVD (Rosemary Conley) at home at the minute though as I don't work so can't afford the gym or classes, but I can't believe I actually enjoy doing it! I never thought I'd see the day! :drinker:

I suppose it's because it's helping me to get to my goal really!

Anyone else that hated the thought of exercise but now enjoys it?!

Stacey :smile:

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I got off the couch about 5 years ago when I joined our local karate club. The first few times I thought I was going to die half way through the warm-up. Now I miss it when we take our Christmas and summer breaks. I also never thought I would like going to the gym but now that I'm going with a friend, most times, I do want to go every day. Of course my biggest motivator is burning calories so I can eat more :blushing:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to hate the gym and needed my friend to encourage me to go/stay with me. Now I look foward to going and I love the feeling I get after a hard workout. It makes my day better when I'm feeling down. I'm finaly starting to get why people love exercising. once I'm smaller and its easier for me I'm sure I'll just love being active even more. Its such an exciting feeling, isnt it?
  • tmans
    tmans Posts: 5
    Options
    I was always very active in sports during high school and college. After that I coached three high school sports for 3 years. As my coaching duties decreased, so did my activity level. Then came kids, who has time to workout when you have kids. (That's what I thought) In Oct 09 a colleague of mine asked if I would take a spinning class with her twice a week for three weeks. That was all it took, I'm hooked. I love to spin. As I got in better shape I decided that I might as well workout on my off days as well. Now, I work out 5 days a week and I feel so much better. I have more energy to play with my kids and find that taking time for me has helped me focus more at work and at home. I agree, it's a MIRACLE!!!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was a ballet dancer for many years. I hated the gym because I thought it would make me bulk up! Still don't have a gym membership, but I am a member of 2 tango salons and dance (in classes and socially) up to 4 nights a week. I walk 5 or more hours a week and do yoga in my livingroom for stress relief. I probably spend less on classes and tango clubs than a New York City gym membership, anyway.

I think it's important to find exercises that will bring you towards your ideal body--the shape you find most attractive on yourself. FireMonkey has a beautiful, strong figure that really suits her. When I was modeling, many clients asked for me to have more muscled thighs, so I took up jogging. I've seen what I look like with runner's legs and I don't find it as attractive for my body. I'm 5'8". I feel like leaner muscles draw attention to my height and minimize my broad hips and shoulders. I hated yoga at first and thought it was boring, but I've come to appreciate it for the lean muscles and the chance to just zone out! It's all about working towards something that will make you feel good and will be flattering for you.