food ideas

Options
ok i first I don't eat meat.
I am having a girlfriend over tomorrow night for a food and movies night. i am trying to figure out what to make.

she watches what she eats and works out. However she is a meat eater and already said to me no tofu please!

she will be coming over around 6pm. I get home around 4:30pm and would like to get my hour workout in. (so that would be 5:30pm)

is there something good that we will both like that is really really fast to make, or even better that i van put in the crockpot in the morning?

Please help!

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Try vegweb.com (if you haven't already) They have some great quick recipes. Has she ever even tried tofu? There are so many ways to prepare it.
  • nhoffman08
    Options
    Do you eat fish? You could try a gumbo, can be made with or without fish. Gumbo with cornbread muffins is yummy and full of veggies!

You could also make a veggie lasagna with some garlic bread and side salad. www.allrecipes.com has great recipes.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    No Meat chilli in a crockpot would work..You could always brown some turkey or beef and put it in a bowl for a topping..
  • Abrahams_Mom
    Options
    do vegetarian chili in the crockpot. use morningstar or boca crumbles, add 2 cans of diced tomatoes (I use 1 w/ green chilies & 1 w/ green peppers), jar of pace picante, a can of black beans, can of corn and a packet of chili seasoning. Super healthy, super filling and delicious!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Try vegweb.com (if you haven't already) They have some great quick recipes. Has she ever even tried tofu? There are so many ways to prepare it.

no she has not
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A fab pasta salad should do the trick!!

1 box tri-color rotini cooked, drained and cooled
    1 scallion (green onion) minced
    cherry tomatoes halved
    red, green yellow or orange bell peppers chopped
    1 cucumber chopped
    1 package crumbled feta cheese
    1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
    1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or herbs de provence
    1 tsp garlic minced

mix together, chill in fridge for a few hours, enjoy on a pita or OMIT the pasta and enjoy the rest on cooked rice... YUM YUM!
  • JennSchn
    Options
    If you are a meat eater then all the meat impersonators are disgusting. I have tried them and eww. How about homemade salsa and guacamole on tortillas or pita bread? You could choose to not have meat or make it as a side. Maybe a night of meat and non meat appetizers like the salsa and tortilla chips, tomatoes with feta cheese, fruit dish, ect.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    thanks everyone