Attention parents! Mind helping me out??

Options
2»

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Date night coupon! For sure! I would have LOVED one of these when my kids were babies! You offer to babysit for them so they can have a date night. That would have been my dream gift!

THIS... and give them a gift certificate to a NICE restaurant that they would enjoy.

at 8mo old, the kids is more interested in sucking it's toes and crawling than anything else. You can get the baby a colorful, bright mirror.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    A date night! After that, diapers, music, mobiles and stuffed animals.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Date night! I think a few more of those would have beneficial to us and my children(we may have stayed together)!!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'd make a basket with:

A date night coupon.
    A gift certificate for a restaurant. Preferably one that isn't known for their kid's menu, if you know what I mean.
    A bottle of liquor or wine.
    One Shel Silverstein book.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    my sister bought my baby girl a drum set when she was 2. i realize the baby is 8 months but at least you have a gift idea for later on.

i say a gift card to eat out and a night of babysitting like the others said.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Go the F*** to Sleep by Adam Mansbach and an offer to babysit for one night.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Savings bond, stock share(s), or savings account! The baby doesn't care what it gets at this age, and 18 years from now, your gift will have grown substantially and they will REALLY appreciate it then!

^^My husband just cashed his out. **They were 30 year? bonds. Unless the parents lose things...
    I would do a GC to a theater and decent place to eat that they like. kids get oodles of presents. but happy parents make a happy house and we always appreciated these.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Savings bond, stock share(s), or savings account! The baby doesn't care what it gets at this age, and 18 years from now, your gift will have grown substantially and they will REALLY appreciate it then!

I appreciated mine. I bought...party supplies.
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    Hire them 3 hours from a housekeeping service. Someone who could wash their windows, organize
    Cupboards, clean out fridge:...all those things seem harder to get to once you have kids