Newb here,

Options
So I have always thought I was heavy like when I was 6 I remember thinking I was "fat", although looking back at pictures I was never really fat just bigger then most kids. I am now 5'10 and 1/2 and weigh in at 203lbs. I am a size 16 or so and I want to be a size 6/8 and weigh 165. In high school I weighed around 180 and was in a size 8, so the size 8 may work but I'd like to be more in the 160's the just into the 180's.

Anyways, I am trying to do the Insanity workout, and it seems to be a great workout for me. It's like 40 minutes a day and seriously kicks my butt. I have a gym membership and would like to start getting back into going there as well.

I am trying to eat clean, and avoid overly processed foods. I'd like to eventually eat vegan but am not there yet. I try to do mostly vegetarian meals each week, we do eat a lot of tuna and Tilapia though lol

I lost 30 lbs 3 years ago and have kept it off, but now I really want to lose 40 more. Back then it only took me 3 months to lose 20 lbs, and then another 2 to lose the last 10. I really hope I can lose that quickly again but I doubt it. I had an almost all fast food and soda diet then with no exercise, so now that I try to eat good and usually get some exercise I am sure the 40lbs will take me awhile to lose. On a positive not I have lost 7 lbs since Oct. 20th!! I had gotten back into eating fast food and gained 5lbs or so, but hey at least now I have lost it again plus lost another 2 lbs!

I would love to have some support and people encouraging me to keep at it. I am an open book and would love some friends. I like taking pics of my progress and try usually every week to get a pic so I can look at all my problem areas and see if there is any change. The pic in my profile was in July after working out for two weeks or so. Anyways I don't really know how having friends on here works so any input would be great!

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I was surprised when I looked at your photos as it is quite decieving looking at your face you don't really appear to be overweight but I can see by the other photo that a few pounds off would benefit you. Don't know what the "insanity" workout is but it sounds gruelling! Hope you manage to get to your goal and I wish you all the very best in your endeavours.
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, welcome and please feel free to add me if you would like!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck, and feel free to add me.