Naan Bread

ACarp24
ACarp24 Posts: 90
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I know I've seen people mention this food before, and I saw it at Wegmans last night and had to try it. I made a Naan pizza with regular pizza sauce and some part skim mozzarella. Then I threw on a few banana peppers and baked it at 400 until the cheese metled. I packed it away reluctantly for lunch today. Well let me tell you, it was delicious! What I was wondering......is Naan just the equivalent to wheat bread? Or does it have some special nutritional value?

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I LOVE Naan bread. I just know it is an Eastern Indian type bread. Goes well with many of their flavorful dishes. We love it so many ways at home and often just have it basted with olive oil and garlic. They have it in wheat and non-wheat versions along with different flavors. I found it first at Trader Joe's, but I notice our local Wal-Mart is even carrying it now!:love:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I've been trying to find Naan bread I love it!! I googled it for calories and for 30.8 g it says its 78 cals 2.1g fat 11.5g carbs and 3.4g protein. However it probably differs from brand to brand. It didn't have anything on it nutrition wise? I've found recipes and it doesn't seem very hard since it's not a rising bread. Good luck!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Its going to be similar in calories to a raised pita. The biggest problem is you can't make it yourself unless you happen to own a Tandoori Oven :(
  • Its going to be similar in calories to a raised pita. The biggest problem is you can't make it yourself unless you happen to own a Tandoori Oven :(

I meant, does it have any special you know vitamins, minerals or anything else that sets it apart from any other bread, Im thinking not. The kind I bought had 160 calories for half of a piece.
This discussion has been closed.