Two Chicken recipes

Desertracer
Desertracer Posts: 4 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Just got these two recipes out of Relish Magazine. I made the Honey Mustard Chicken yesterday and it was pretty good! Making the other tonight.

Honey Mustard Chicken W/Roasted Red Potatoes

4 Boneless chicken breasts
½ tsp Salt and pepper
4 tblsp Dijon mustard
2 tblsp Honey
1 minced shallot
1 tblsp minced fresh tyme or ½ tsp of dried
1 lb small red potatoes halved
3 tblsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 375. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in baking dish. In a bowl mix mustard, honey, shallot, and tyme and spread over chicken. Coat potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with tyme, and add to baking dish. Bake for about 50 minutes until potatoes are tender. Serves 4, 280 calories, 6g fat, 120mg cholesterol, 30g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 610g sodium.

Chicken Scaloppine with Capers, Olives, and Basil

4 Boneless chicken breasts
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ cup All purpose flour
1 tblsp Olive oil
¼ cup dry white wine
2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
2 tblsp capers
4 tblsp chopped Kalmata olives
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
2 cups cooked spaghettini
½ juice of one half lemon

Pound chicken between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap to about ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in flour to coat lightly. Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Add wine and cook until reduced by about half, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken broth, capers, olives and basil. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, about five more minutes. Place chicken over hot cooked spaghettini and spoon sauce of capers, olives, and basil over chicken and spaghettini. Sprinkle dish with lemon juice. Serves 4. Per serving: 360 calories, 8g fat, 85mg cholesterol, 38g protein, 28g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 720mg sodium.

Enjoy!

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    The Honey Mustard version sounds divine!!
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks I cant wait to try that honey mustard chicken tonight! What is shallot though?
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Scallions??? If you can't find them at the market you CAN substitute them for onions. They're smaller and more pungent and taste great but not always easy to find in the bigger supermarkets.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Made the "honey mustard chicken" tonight... kind of. I thought I bought dijon mustard.. turns out I bought honey lol. And I HAD shallots.. got them for another dish not too long ago, but apparently they weren't still good so I ended up using about 1/3 of an onion that I had leftover in the fridge. ANYWAY that said it was pretty good.. not something I have to have again real soon, but tasty enough. The potatoes were really good.
This discussion has been closed.