Sweet Tea lovers!

Options
WeightingForSara
WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
I am a true southern girl at heart, so sweet tea is an essential part of my everyday life. Unforntunately, once I started watching calories it became a no-no pretty immediately.

Well, I found an amazing sweet tea alternative - It's Great Value's (Walmart brand) Sugar free sweet tea. It has 0 calories and is VERY close to sweetened tea with sugar.

Just some FYI for those of us who aren't big water lovers.

Replies

• goalnsight
    Options
    Awesome!! I am a southern sweet tea lover too! Thanks for sharing!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm....will have to check that out!! SOUTHERN SWEET TEA DRINKIN' GALS UNITE!!! :laugh:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    OMG! Thank you! I love Sweet Tea and have been telling myself "No!" because of all the sugar!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks you! We LOVE sweet tea and my boyfriend drinks about a gallon a day, which makes it hard on me since it's ALWAYS in the house. I'll have to switch over.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I am also a fan of Sweet Tea - we always had at least 3 pitches of it in the fridge when I was growing up! Thanks for this great idea!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    One quick question....can you taste the sweetner? I hate the taste of Spenda and Equal! If you can taste it, No tea for me then :(
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am a HUGE sweet tea fan myself. I prefer it over anything most of the time! But it can seriously put a dent in my alloted calories. I'll have to check this out!! :smile:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I am a true southern girl at heart, so sweet tea is an essential part of my everyday life. Unforntunately, once I started watching calories it became a no-no pretty immediately.

Well, I found an amazing sweet tea alternative - It's Great Value's (Walmart brand) Sugar free sweet tea. It has 0 calories and is VERY close to sweetened tea with sugar.

Just some FYI for those of us who aren't big water lovers.

BTW: where is this in Wal-Mart? Is it with the other teas?
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried making sweet tea with Truvia? I just discovered the wonderful stuff a week or so ago. I was just wondering if it would be good in tea. I miss sweet tea, but I just can't do the artificial sweeteners.
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's actually by the refrigerated orange juices & such. It's a gallon jug.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    It's actually by the refrigerated orange juices & such. It's a gallon jug.

Ah, ok...THanks!! :)
  • melindadavis810
    Options
    Thanks for the tip... I HAVE to have sweet tea every morning and it puts a huge dent in my calories! I am totally going to try this...
  • typayne
    Options
    Thank you, Sara! I tried the sweet tea today and I LOVE IT! It's the closest I've ever had to homemade brewed sweet tea! Thank you again!:wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Being that I live in Southern CA I've never really had the opportunity to try sweet tea.....except the one time I went to McDonalds and ordered a regular unsweetened tea and was given the sweet one. BLECH!!!!! Waaaay too sweet for moi. Maybe it was just cuz it was McDonalds.....I dunno.....
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this. My favorite tea is hot tea, Spiced Apple.
  • lbkilgore
    lbkilgore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Guys, if you're in the South - look for Milo's Splenda Tea in grocery stores. Milo's is known for their sweet tea around the South, and they have a NO-CALORIE version. I've tried store brand teas and I still find Milo's superior. It's a little more expensive, but I think you get what you pay for. They must make it exactly the way they make their regular amazing tea, because it is as close as I've EVER had to real sweet tea - but it not being actually sugar.

I had posted another thread asking if we could count this as water though, and all the replies said that they wouldn't if the tea contained caffeine. I wrote to Milo's and asked about their caffeine content in the No-Calorie tea, and it was about 26mg. A soda might have around 32mg or so.

Hope this is all good information you can use.
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    I went to wallyworld tonite and bo't a gal. of the GV tea. I'll give it a try tomorrow. It's really economically priced too. But I am so picky on my tea. My husband makes the best. We'll see how this lives up to my expectations!!