I'm new to the site!

Options
Hey everyone,

I found this site yesterday. I have been having problems getting motivated to exercise. I'm a teacher and it is so hard for me to get up early and exercise before school and by the time I get home after being with the kids all day, I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to do is work out. Does anyone have any good tips for motivating yourself? I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, my goal is 20lbs.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I found this site yesterday. I have been having problems getting motivated to exercise. I'm a teacher and it is so hard for me to get up early and exercise before school and by the time I get home after being with the kids all day, I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to do is work out. Does anyone have any good tips for motivating yourself? I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, my goal is 20lbs.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!

I'm also a teacher (on mat leave though) and I used to leave my gym bag in the car, and I forced myself to go right after school and before going home (it is also a good excuse to get my work done in the day and then leave soon after the bell!). Once I got to the gym, I was also happy with the decision!
    :happy:
  • danaanlugh
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Chris! Best of luck, and good health to you!:drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Welcome!

When I'm lacking motivation I refer to the Nike motto, "Just Do It". It's tough but after awhile it becomes part of the routine and habit like anything else in our lives. In time your energy will revive and you'll actually feel better both physically and mentally from the exercise. No doubt though it can be tough getting started. Commit to one day at a time but keep it a firm commitment. The idea of putting your gym bag in the car and faithfully going before or after school daily is a good one.

Best of luck!
    :glasses: