A difficult decision - HELP!!!

Options
gmallan
gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
So work Christmas lunch is coming up and we just received an email about our choice of sundae for dessert. I know what I probably SHOULD be having but probably won't go with the healthy choice. Which one would you go for? Definitely the hardest decision I will make all day :smile:

Rocky road sundae, with house made marshmallows, toffee peanuts, chocolate sauce and glace cherries

Champagne sorbet, strawberries, spun toffee

Chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, chocolate cup filled with fudge sauce

Vanilla and caramel fudge ice creams, peanut brittle, butterscotch sauce, banana

Low fat vanilla yoghurt sundae with fresh seasonal fruits

Vanilla and Jamaican coffee ice cream, coffee cream filled profiteroles

Berry Pavlova sundae: vanilla and strawberry ice cream, meringue, kiwi fruit and strawberries.

Replies

• gmallan
    Options
    BUMP - anyone? :laugh:
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    that vanilla yogurt with fruit sounds really good!
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    Go for the Rocky Road--sounds interesting, like you wouldn't be able to get it everywhere
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    the yogurt sounds like the smart choice, but I would probably go with the coffee flavored sundae. Yum!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Either the yogurt or the champagne sorbet.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Rocky Road for sure.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Jamaican ice cream with Profiteroles over here please.

ETA. Oh sorry thought you were offering me desert <kicks rock and wanders off>
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I agree, Rocky Road all the way. You're so lucky, we don't get anything from work even though we work Christmas.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If it's a splurge day def the Ricky road, if you are following diet, yogurt and fruit.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Champagne sorbet with strawberries minus the spun toffee if possible is prolly not too bad a choice, besides the (I think) obvious choice of yogurt & fruit. The yogurt could actually be worse than some of the other choices depending on what they do to the fruit...

I would starve myself all day and have CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! Or walk to the party instead of driving to compensate for some of the extra calories :laugh:

Barb
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    The Berry Pavlova sounds good to me... :) Just depends on what your sweet tooth is telling you. I say enjoy yourself for the day.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    Oh I'd go for Chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, chocolate cup filled with fudge sauce, and make up for it with a salad the next day
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. Screw the yoghurt! Go for the third choice, the "vanilla ice cream and caramel" and stuff. If you have to, go run to the top of a hill the next day.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Rocky ROAD!
  • gmallan
    Options
    It's definitely going to be a splurge day because we're having tapas before this and there will no doubt be alcohol involved. I just can't seem to make up my mind. I think I've ruled out the chocolate, yoghurt and the coffee so that still leaves 4 choices - first world problems hey

I think I will definitely have to exercise that morning to make things a little more managable
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    the all chocolate one!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Dang they sound amazing. Plain ice cream and strawberries is really satisfying until you compare it to the calorie laden ones. I'd go rocky road.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    All of the above. Diabetic Coma ftw!!!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    the rocky road for sure!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Berry Pavlova Sundae. It's not what you "should" have and therefore a treat for you and still not bad as a choice.