if you are using workout videos and a heart rate moniter wou

Options
mind posting the video and your calorie burn specifics. I am looking for some videos to do, right now I only use an elliptical. Naturally... I want to get the most burn for my buck!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Not a video, but I burnt over 400 cals this morning doing my Wii Biggest Loser workout :)
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Your personal calorie burn will vary based on your weight and fitness level but I highly recommend Jillian's 30 day Shred. It is only about $10 from Walmart so it isn't expensive, either. It is a 20 minute workout that kicks my butt.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    I am using a Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk at home dvd because I am at work I am limited but am thankful I can do it at work. I had an all time high cal burn yesterday of 706 which I think is high and so I am not sure how accurate that is. I did step up my tempo and didn't stop between miles so who knows. My other cal burns were in the 600s. I would like to start the 30 day shred too but haven't heard enough about it yet only that it is hard but only 30 min so I could also do that at work.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Love Turbo Jam ! You get variety, with 20, 30 and 45 minutes cardio workout, sculpting and abs. It's a little expensive at first but I've been using the DVDs 6 days a week for almost a year now so a pretty good investment in my opinion.

Regarding the burn, in depends on the intensity you put into your workout, and your stats. I'm pretty fit, 118 lbs, 5'5'' and burn between 300-350 calories doing the 45 minutes cardio, and roughly 250 doing the 30 minutes one.
  • nikiholm
    Options
    I use Exercise TV. The videos change monthly so you won't get bored or stuck in a rut. If you don't have On Demand then you can view the workouts for www.exercisetv.tv. When you find one that you really like you can pay for the download so that it is always with you or you can switch it up monthly.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM that also takes into account my gender/height/age/weight. It also depends on how hard you work. The important thing is to keep that HR up. Here's a few of my totals (I'm 28, 5'3", 154lbs, female):

Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (50 minutes with warm up and cool down): 400 calories, average HR 140, max 222 (pushups always make my HR skyrocket)

Zumba: 58 minutes, 616 calories, avg HR 162, max 181

30 Day Shred: 25 minutes/level 1, 210 calories, avg HR 140, max 169

Tae Bo: 33 minutes, 336 calories, avg HR 157, max 172

Turbo Jams Cardio Party: 42 minutes, 450 calories, (forgot to enter HRs)