Hello Newby here...

Options
Hello! Newby here! I did the talk and talk and talk about starting a program. Now our work is dangling a carrot. In order to get our $325 benefit, we need to sign up for stress management, 10,000 steps, or weight tracking and journaling.
Not thrilled about any of them, I woke last night at 1:30AM and could not get back to sleep. So I signed up for the Journaling and tracking.
Come to realize, their program stinks!!! Nothing to calculate calories or exercise and basically a journal. How do they expect one to loose??
So I did a search and low and behold I came across this site. Am I ever impressed!! Makes it so easy! Had I not started up with this site, I would still be eating the junk while I continue with my couch potato life!
Today I am tracking my calories and tracked my exercise.
I am very heavy and need to set small goals or it will seem to overwhelming. So my plan is to get to my initial 10% loss and then set a new goal!
So happy to meet all of you and the awesome support!
Thanks!
Schel

Replies

• kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined myself. I think its great. Plus it gets past the website blocker at work - Yay!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When there is money involved....it takes on a whole new meaning, right? Let me give you some tips. Drink your water! Eat something within 1 hour of waking up. Then eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long and your last snack of the day should be 1 hour before you go to sleep. You should always have a protein and carbs (slow and fast) with your meals. Fast carbs are potato/rice and slow carbs are veggies. Your meals should be between 300 to 500 calories. Try to stay away from white bread, fructose corn syrup, white flour, white pasta, etc. Um,. that's all I can think of right now! I've lost 42 lbs and 44.5 inches in the past 4 months so this program I'm on absolutely works. Christine
  • schel
    schel Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! Glad I'm here, I almost forgot the water. So I am going now to drink away!
    Schel