Milk.. Still losing weight phase

Options
Which is better.. Skim milk or Almond Milk?

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    comes down to personal preference. I hate milk unless it's strawberry or chocolate flavored. With cereal, it's fat free.
  • hkestner
    hkestner Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate milk too and I only use it in oatmeal and cereal :-)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    both offer benifits but skim milk has less fat, sugar, and calories
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use both! Almond milk for just drinking and also in smoothies, but skim in pretty much anything else where you have to add milk like tea and coffee. They're both low in fat and it just comes down to personal preference. I like the taste of almond milk better but it's too sweet to have in my tea!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I use 1%. Can't stomach skim.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I use skim but I'm worried I won't like almond...I have never tried it though!
  • djames92
    Options
    also try vanilla silk its mighty delicious
  • BMC_roadie
    Options
    Look in to whole organic milk. Many benefits compared to typical milk. Non-fat included. All fats are not bad. Some are beneficial.

Brand does make a difference though. Here is an article.

http://www.cdr.wisc.edu/news/pdf/SCIENCE BEHIND REPORTED BENEFITS OF ORGANIC MILK.pdf
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options

Actually almond milk has less calories and sugar than skim milk. 30 calories for 1 cup serving vs. skim milk which has around 86 calories for one cup. I drink the unsweetened almond milk though. Actually even if you get the sweetened almond milk it only has 60 calories per cup, but I find the sweetened stuff too sweet. Personally I think that almond milk is healthier, and if you do a little reading on how skim milk is made you probably would too. In the end I guess it comes down to personal preference, whether or not you're lactose intolerant, and cost (almond milk is almost double the price of regular milk, where I live anyways).
  • djames92
    Options

Actually almond milk has less calories and sugar than skim milk. 30 calories for 1 cup serving vs. skim milk which has around 86 calories for one cup. I drink the unsweetened almond milk though. Actually even if you get the sweetened almond milk it only has 60 calories per cup, but I find the sweetened stuff too sweet. Personally I think that almond milk is healthier, and if you do a little reading on how skim milk is made you probably would too. In the end I guess it comes down to personal preference, whether or not you're lactose intolerant, and cost (almond milk is almost double the price of regular milk, where I live anyways).

sorry just looked it up i had it confused with the vanilla milk my bad
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Personal preference, what do you like more?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I drink 1%

*Do not like skim.

almond ok in cerel, but not my fave. same with rice.

dark choc almond is fab!

*edit* just realized I said almost exactly what someone else said.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking almond milk a few weeks ago...I really like it, but it definately doesn't taste like cow milk. Has a rather nutty flavor. I can't drink it straight out of a glass, but I like it in recipes and cereal.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is better overall, shake the carton WELL before every use and you won't even notice a difference.

Edit: Make sure it is UNsweetened, or else I find it tastes weird
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Depends on your preference and your macros. Almond milk is lower in cals but does not have any protein to speak of.

I really dislike the taste of almond milk. Coconut milk is pretty nice though - still no protein though.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Neither is better. It doesn't work that way.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Better for what? I don't drink milk as a beverage, unless it is in a latte. So for me neither is preferable. If I am going to cook I will either use cow milk or coconut milk. Depends on what kind of flavor I am going for.