Eating Rape Oil

Options

Replies

• Librarymind
    Librarymind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out coconut oil. It doesn't break down like other oils when heated. It's very healthy, and it's the type of fat your brain needs. It's great stuff.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wish there was an "eye roll' smiley face option
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Check out coconut oil. It doesn't break down like other oils when heated. It's very healthy, and it's the type of fat your brain needs. It's great stuff.

ditto :)

and best used when making homemade popcorn :)
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Is "Rape oil" a formative component of "santorum"? I'm really confused.

BAHAHAHAHA
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Completely ignoring everything else since someone already posted the snopes link, but.... NEW oil? This stuff has been around for years, it's far from new.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    People getting bored with milk already? Moving on to something else? Great.

You know if you have milk and canola oil in the same meal your intestines will explode right out of your body. I've seen it. It was horrifying. :frown:

Yes but how many pounds did they lose post-explosion because if it was signifcant someone needs to make that into a diet pill.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I did read that canola oil is better for dressings and baking, because if you heat it to a high temperature (e.g. frying) some of it turns into trans fat. But I don't think that would make your arm split open when tapped with a butter knife.

Most (it not all) oils do this, the question is what temperature the change takes places--for things like flax seed, it is quite low, while for coconut it is quite high. In general, if you're that concerned about your health, reduce cooking temperatures when cooking with oil.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    But is it 'legitimate' rape oil?

If it’s a legitimate rape oil, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

You win.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options

Oil IS a natural lubricant!:laugh:

Sorry, OP, but any terroristic post about foods is going to bring this on.

Speaking of terrorist plots, did you know the Russians manipulated the HAARP satellite to cause Sandy?
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you say surprise first it's not really rape oil and then you can use it safely. But you must shout "SURPRISE!"
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Did you hear the one about deodorant and breast cancer?
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I was reading and reading waiting for someone to go there lol :S
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Isn't this akin to the "margarine is one molecule away from plastic" rumor?

I don't eat canola oil anyway. I could care less. The healthiest of cooking oils is and always will be olive oil. But personally, I'm not buying this. The canola plant is a hybrid plant crossed between rapeseed and corn (I think). The characteristics that made the rapeseed plant poisonous have been removed from the canola plant through bio-engineering. Now some people don't trust bio-engineered food, and I can understand that, but that doesn't mean that canola oil is dangerous. Nor does that mean that you should perpetuate misinformation about the product.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!

Or as Whoopi Goldberg would say "It's not "RAPE" rape oil"

mmmmmm delicious delicious rape oil.

Yeah - I don't eat it either.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Only if it didn't get pregnant.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    On a more serious note, canola oil (and olive) has been a staple in my family forever and cancer is not a common disease amongst us. In fact, my 96-year-old grandmother's OLDER sister just died last year.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Low Erucic Acid Rapeseed

Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/canola.asp

I'm more afraid of the crazy things they do to get the oil out of the seeds. I never thought I'd be this "crunchy" but I try to stick with expeller pressed oils. After they get the first press out, they go after the oil with heat and chemicals like benzene.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    On a more serious note, canola oil (and olive) has been a staple in my family forever and cancer is not a common disease amongst us. In fact, my 96-year-old grandmother's OLDER sister just died last year.

Unpossible. Canola oil is a brand new thing.