Just not feeling it today

Options
I've been putting off my workout all day.. just don't feel up to doing it. I need a kick in the rear! Especially since I have a vacation coming up in a month, now is not the time to be skipping out on workouts.

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    OK, ready for it ...... Ready for it ........ KICK! Now, get out there and do it.
  • cathooo
    cathooo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GO WORK OUT

You'll feel worse if you don't!

(This is exactly what I said to myself an hour or so ago and don't regret it!)
  • Everyone needs a break every now and then. Don't beat yourself up over it if you decide not to work out. Go take a nice, long walk instead.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Are you still sitting here reading responses? Get OFF the computer and go WORKOUT!!! Kick, kick, kick....
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You have the will and strength inside you. Just start, one lift is all it takes to get you in the mood, get hot and sweaty and totally gross, and test yourself, push yourself to your limits, hunger for greatness, crave achievement, the apple is right there on the tree.. take it.

So many times I drag my carcass into the gym not caring, not wanting it, and I have an unfullfilling workout, I didn't push super hard, I didn't stress my muscles to trigger growth.. but I burned, and got one step closer to looking amazing enough to get Emma Stone..

What's your motivation, your why? tell us, right here, list them. Saying them out loud (or typed) can really help refocus!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I want to feel really good about myself, I want to look good, I want to be strong and sexy.

I think that helped. Just tied my shoes, and I'm off!
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    How long has it been since you had a rest day? Your body may be telling you something. However, if you're just being lazy, get off your butt and get at it. Very few people regret getting up and doing a workout; its usually the reverse.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I feel much better having worked out.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh darlin we all have days like these!
    I needed a kick up the rear the other day too. But you can do this! Keep going it will be worth it! xx
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you also wont be feeling a day closer to your best body either.
  • DarkWaffleLord
    DarkWaffleLord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Must be leg day
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    When that happens I grab my gym work music and start playing it loudly. Gets me in the mood
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I felt the same yesterday. I skipped my jiu jitsu class Wednesday because of a doctor's appointment, then Thursday night I just wasn't feeling it and stayed home. I almost skipped Friday, too, but finally managed to drag my sorry butt to class. I'm so glad I did! I like the quote, "don't sacrifice your long-term goals for a short term reward."