Possible to lose 50lbs in 124 day/18 weeks?!

Options
Hi!
I signed up for The Big Climb (69 flights of stairs, 1,311 steps) The climb is for the the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. With signing up you have to fundraise at least $50 to even compete. So i was thinking about doing a pound for $1. Soooo 50lbs = $50

About me to put this in perspective. This last year i have lost 108 pounds. I still have 140-150 to lose to be to a normal weight for my height. I'm very active i workout 3-6 days a week, I eat well and i'm super committed to weigthloss there is no giving up for me! I have already invested a year!

So do you think it's possible? 50lbs in 124 days/18weeks)

Replies

• mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job on you're weight loss so far!!! as far as is it possible? I really don't know but crunching the numbers it seems a little difficult. You're looking at 2.8lbs a week that you have to lose. I don't know what you were losing before. If you are/were losing 3+lbs a week then yea you can probably do it :D

Either way good luck! and once again great job on all you've accomplished
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The tricky thing is that as you get smaller, your weight loss is going to slow down (which is a normal and healthy thing). So while that rate of weight loss may be feasible for awhile, it's going to get harder as you go.

Setting goals is great, setting aggressive goals when you know your body well is awesome and motivating. I just think you have to have the understanding that if you don't meet this goal, it doesn't mean you failed - it means that you're getting lighter and your body has less fat to work with. Even if you only lose a pound a week (18) instead of 50, that's still an incredible success. Best of luck to you :)