Need Advice!

Options
My boyfriend is coming home from deployment and I'll be with him for a whole week the week of Valentine's Day. Were going to a bed and breakfast for three days, back up to where I live for a few days and then 2 hours to where he lives. I will be on the road for a WHOLE week, and I know we will be forced to eat out the whole week. I will not be going to the gym (no time)...I'm not going to be able to really count calories or workout and am stressed that I will put on a pound or two. Any advice on how to handle this? Can I just try to go low carb? I won't have a computer so I won't be able to log on here either. I really don't want the hard work to go to waste! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    During your road trips can you pack a cooler full of fruit, sandwiches, water, etc? Maybe if you stop for food (fast food) you can hit up Subway or something. I wouldn't worry too much during the bed & breakfast days....it's your vacation! It's only 3 days too. Try to keep things in control on the other days and maybe it'll all even out.

Good Luck and Congrats on his return! Have fun!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    just make smart choices, keep your portions in control and drink your water. try to get water in and try to any walking in that you can. don't stress just enjoy him while you have him with you!
  • AshleyNShannon
    Options
    Many fast food places and chain resturants have calorie information on their websites. And, MFP has many of the dishes found at these resturants in their database. Pre-plan before you stop somewhere to eat. Eat as healthy as possible at resturants (fruit rather than fries, leave off the bread if you are getting a sandwich, eat smaller portions and be sure to drink water rather than soda)

Maybe you can take long walks at the B and B? Make it a point to pre-plan. Enjoy yourself, but don't get out of control.

Good luck and have fun on your trip!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You're a beautiful woman, spending a whole week with a fellow who's been deployed with the military for a significant period of time, alone - - - and you're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet what to do? :noway:

Honey please, for your sake and for his, don't worry about it. Enjoy your time together, get back in touch. Do some other stuff that might come to mind,,, If your eat and drink several hundred calories too much every single day, you might gain back a few pounds in that week. Maybe even 3. I assure you, he does not care. And neither should you.

Don't gorge, don't eat anything batter dipped/deep fried, fill up on salads & veggies & stuff, and don't worry about it for a little while. It'll be fine. You've got more important things to do. :drinker: :heart: :tongue: :smile:

Casper
    USN - '85-'89, veteran of several deployments and several homecomings. At no time did I worry about what m'lady ate. :heart:
  • beanface25
    Options
    If your at a restaurant, when your food comes ask the waitress for a box immediately. Then take half of your plate and stick it in the box for later. You will save on calories and money! Or, if the option is there, some places offer lunch size portions instead of dinner size. Good luck!
  • lkharris
    Options
    I agree with CasperO - enjoy and don't fret a couple pounds! Avoid the fried and really bad stuff if you can. If you want to enjoy the cheat at this time, do it! It's OK to take a little break - don't give in to the "all or nothing", just get back up on track when you return from vacation!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    After reading all these posts, Casper0 has it exactly!! Your man is not going to care and that will be the last thing on his mind. You know what foods you should and should not be eating - just don't go crazy. And if you eat a little extra, burn it off, if you know what I mean (wink, wink)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    What you could try to do:

1. Make sure you drink you quota of water daily
    2.Have a note book
    a.Journal all food / water
    b.Additional activities – yes sex burns calories too :wink:
    - with that, you more than likely aren't going to have to worry about a weight gain! :flowerforyou:
    3.Possibly look to see where you are going to eat
    a.See if there is a menu with nutritional information
    b.Attempt to plan your meals
    4.Have fun :drinker:
    5.Enter your info when you get home – You will do great! :happy:

beanface25 had a very good suggestion as well - not knowing if you would have someplace to take the food back to but then again some have little fridges in the rooms. You might need to check.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. :)
  • pocostef
    Options
    I eat junk on roadtrips, too. Just enjoy yourself, and eat Subway when you can! :)
  • Momo84
    Momo84 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Just super determined to lose 15 pounds before he's home for GOOD in July...because then I'll be wearing a bikini in the Dominican Republic!
  • e_nicole_s
    e_nicole_s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...enjoy your time with him. But if you're still concerned about the food options, try looking at websites like www.healthydiningfinder.com. Before you leave, you can search the city you'll be in (or the city you'll be passing through) to find healthy options at fast food places and restaurants. This particular website lets you see the most nutritious options that the place has to offer. If you have a favorite place to eat, you could just find some of their healthier options before you travel.

God bless!
    Nicole