I'm at a plateau

Options
I have been working really hard for the past year or so to lose weight. I fluxuate between 20 and 25 lbs and I'm proud of myself for how far I've come, but I have been plateauing for the past few months. I'm not to the point in my weight loss where I want to be plateauing. I work out once or twice a week, eat healthy, try to take as many tips as I can, but I'm not making any more progress. Its getting really hard to keep my motivation up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Exercise more?
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As long as you're below your BMI nothing really much else to do
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

????
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You only started this month. How have you been tracking your calories? What is you daily average intake? How much do you have to lose and how much do you weigh?
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options

say what?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have been working really hard for the past year or so to lose weight. I fluxuate between 20 and 25 lbs and I'm proud of myself for how far I've come, but I have been plateauing for the past few months. I'm not to the point in my weight loss where I want to be plateauing. I work out once or twice a week, eat healthy, try to take as many tips as I can, but I'm not making any more progress. Its getting really hard to keep my motivation up. Any suggestions?
    are you keeping track of your measurements? my scale weight has pretty much stayed the same for a few months, but i'm still seing changes in how my clothes fit
  • miart65
    miart65 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my calories since being on here, eating an average of 1700 or so. I weigh about 200 lbs depending on the day and I'm wanting to lose at least 20 lbs more.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes but have you been tracking your BODY measurements... waist size, hips size, thigh size etc
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I've been tracking my calories since being on here, eating an average of 1700 or so. I weigh about 200 lbs depending on the day and I'm wanting to lose at least 20 lbs more.

If you have been at a calorie deficit for a while I would suggest talking a 7 - 10 day diet break. Dieting is hard on our bodies and can get our hormones out of whack which can stall weight loss.

Here is a good write up of it:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

When you start back on a deficit, make sure you are completely accurate in your logging. Weigh and measure everything. Give it four weeks. If you are still not losing, then drop your calorie by say 100 and give that a few weeks.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

screw the scale. go get your body fat tested by a dexa or a bod pod.

calculate your TDEE and subtract 20%. that's how much to eat.

eat 40% protein and 35% fat and the rest veggie and dairy carbs

do regular exercise

check back in 60 days with another bod pod
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what kind of exercise are you doing?

If you want more progress you have to do more work. Dont be mad at the results you arent getting from the work youre not doing.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Wizeman22 wrote: »
    Add me!

@Wizeman22 Since the OP hasn't logged in since May of 2015, I doubt they'll see your message here.