New to FMP and have a question

Options
My friend recently told me about this site and i thought i would give it a try :smile: I had my second daughted last March and acquired a few (actually 50) extra pounds. I did lose 25lbs. shortly after delivery but was told not to diet while breastfeeding... so after nine months of breastfeeding it's time to start dropping pounds. I have been working at it for over a month now (lost 12lbs so far) but cannot seem to get motivated to work out. My husband bought me an elliptical for our house (since i used to go nuts on those things at the gym... before the baby of course) but i cannot get myself motivated to get up 30 min. earlier and get on it! So maybe if i see this site in front f my face it will give me the motivation i need!

Is there a way to make your starting weight different from your today weight? I would love to see the 12lbs i have already lost show up on my ticker but cannot seem to get that to work... it keeps going back to today's weight.... any ideas?

Replies

• southernletteXO
    Options
    i did the same thing and all i did was put in your starting weight and then do the math to subtract the 12 lbs you already lost. I also lost weight but then gained some back but i put it on my ticker to give me more motivation. But welcome to the site, its done wonders for me and i know it will help you too :)
  • e_nicole_s
    e_nicole_s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! To change your starting weight, go to My Home, click on Check In, then "Edit Previous Measurement Entries". From there, you should see the place to change your starting weight to whatever it was before you lost the 12 lbs. Hope that helps. :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Instead of getting up 30 mins early to work out, what about when your daughter is napping?
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I work all day so by the time i get home I have to get dinner ready, feed the baby, give her a bath, then we play for awhile then it's bed time. I've tried working out at night but I hate missing out on that 30 min. with her.
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! To change your starting weight, go to My Home, click on Check In, then "Edit Previous Measurement Entries". From there, you should see the place to change your starting weight to whatever it was before you lost the 12 lbs. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks!!!!! That worked perfect!