SCALES: WHAT NOT TO DO!!!

SCALES: I have decided to keep a detailed report in an Excel file I created concerning my daily weight.

I will weigh first thing in the morning. Then weigh after I go to do my business. As a matter of fact, I will weigh every time before and after I do my business. I will also weigh before and after every meal. And, I will weigh before and after every exercise or strenuous activity. Oh, I will weigh before and after every glass of water or other beverages. Aha! I will weigh before and after SW (SuperWife) and I engage in personal aerobics.

All of this data shall be recorded/noted in my iPad which goes with me everywhere and sync'd to the Excel file. I have developed several formulas and algorithms in Excel to show weight patterns, daily fluctuations, and formulate an accurate overall progress of weight loss with different types of foods related to weight gain or weight loss. My scales are WiFi capable, so I have sync'd my scales with the Excel file and MFP. I feel that this attention to detail may take the fun out of my journey and I will have little time for SW or any of you or my job or personal happiness, but it is worth it and I don't consider this obsessive or anything related to Scale Addiction Disorder (S.A.D.).

If you are interested in this, I will be glad to mail you my 13 page Excel file. If you find this funny and are laughing at me...well, you should be, notably since Train Number 2 came to the station 7 times today (did a safe cleanse) indicating what I am full of. :smokin:

BigD

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Why?
  • Isn't that too much? Why do all of that?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    I get up to pee somewhere between 2 and 5 where would this fit in?
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Lol!!
    If train number two came to the station 7 times today, I would guess you're not full of ANYTHING at this point!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    It's a joke...humor...wasn't serious...making fun of myself so you could laugh...get real...:wink:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Are you doing research for a doctoral thesis? You'll certainly have enough personal info.
  • kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Hahahahaha
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Ahh, yes. Thus the title what not to do. I'm a little slow today!
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Bahaha !! Good one, makes my previous obsession with the scale pale in comparison !! Thanks for the chuckle !
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    OK, in all fairness, when I started my weight loss journey in April, I met with my MD and we designed a sensible and very healthy food plan and exercises designed around my disability. The first thing I bought was a very nice digital scale..uh, no WiFi. After a few weeks I developed scale addiction and weighed all the time. Not to the extent of my post! That was simply an extended hyperbole for a good laugh. But, as time went on and I stayed with the food plan, but June I noticed other benefits besides just weight loss: inches lost, a much better attitude, handled stress better, felt better both physically and mentally, clearer mind and thinking, found more joy in life and most of all, more compassion and mercy. I now weigh in every few days or so.

You see, the scales can't measure anything except gravity's pull. It can't measure heart. It can't measure joy and contentment. And it certainly can't give or take away what is most important: a healthy body and soul.

Oh, the weight will come off for me over time and it will take time. Don't let the scales run your life or ruin your life. Live healthy, laugh, dance when no one is looking, and enjoy! Life goes by pretty fast...grab the goods while you can.

Big D...but not as big as I was 6 months ago! Thanks.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    You are awesome Big D!:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    LOL at your post.
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    LMAO!!!!! :laugh: Thanks so much I really needed a good laugh!
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    THIS is why I am anti-scale. I don't have time or the inclination to be a psychotic mess just to make sure my numbers aren't 100 calories (+/-) off.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    mcginger1 wrote: »
    THIS is why I am anti-scale. I don't have time or the inclination to be a psychotic mess just to make sure my numbers aren't 100 calories (+/-) off.

First off, this OP was (back in 2012) talking about weighing himself. We are suggesting you weigh your food.

Second, read the whole thread. He was joking around and using hyperbole a bit.

Third, that's fine if you don't want to use a scale. But don't continue deluding yourself by thinking that you are eating 1300 calories and gaining muscle.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    mcginger1 wrote: »

It was a joke, and about four years ago!