How much calories should my meals be?

Options
Usually I have meals like this:
Breakfast: 250 calories (Oatmeal and milk)
Lunch: 350 (Low calorie soup, bread with sour cream)
Dinner: 350 (Bread, cream cheese, sausage)
Snacks: 180 (Cereal bar, yogurt)

Are these calories okish? Cuz I'm not sure how much each should be, and I seem to like this. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That is a little low. MFP doesn't recommend eating below 1200. Plus processed, processed, processed - where's the fruits & veggies? I'd add some fruit and nuts to your oatmeal, add some tuna or eggs to your lunch along w/a salad. Add a salad or some roasted veggies to dinner. Personally I don't find cereal bars to be worth the calories and that's a lot of bread, but if you're just starting out then I'd keep them and work on boosting up the rest for now.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not hungry, and your brain is satisfied. Use the mix that works for you.
    I don't see any vegetables or fruit listed in your example. If you're having low calorie soup
    at lunch, where are the 350 calories coming from. Bread and sour cream? I'd look at that.
    Again at dinner, bread and protein only. Cut back on the bread. Replace it with fruit and vegetables.
    Your listed calories add up to 1130. So yeah a bit low. Consistently going below 1200 may
    create nutritional imbalances.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not only is that too low, but your plan is severely lacking nutritionally. you're 18, your TDEE has to be well over that amount. don't eat below your BMR

lose the low fat crap and eat the real stuff. eat more fruits and veggies and protein. since you're eating a lot of empty calories
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    When you eat your meals is entirely personal preference - do what works best for satiation, energy and adherence. However, it looks as though your calories are too low and you would not be getting enough protein in total.